**** Official OnePlus 8/OnePlus 8 Pro Thread ****

Soldato
Yeah, I guess I must have that wrong, maybe I had just arrived at work... and I guess popped it on charge for 10 mins. I don't remember that! (I have a 10 min drive to work, so saw it and thought it was my car charger...) Let's stick to my original plan of trying it on my Huawei charger later ;)

Soldato
Yeah, I guess I must have that wrong, maybe I had just arrived at work... and I guess popped it on charge for 10 mins. I don't remember that! (I have a 10 min drive to work, so saw it and thought it was my car charger...) Let's stick to my original plan of trying it on my Huawei charger later ;)
It'd be great if you could. I found Accubattery to be meh. I always install it on a new phone just so I can record my own stats for battery performance but after a while you get to know your phone and it's one more unnecessary app. I also found a foible with the app (on my 7tpro anyway) that it would sometimes split one charging session into two for no reason that I can see. For example if I charged from say 30 to 90 it might show two different sessions from 30 to say 70 and then 70-90, the figures aren't usually that round, it could be any number really.

Soldato
I think/guess that's RAM management shutting the app down in the background, so it marks what it knows, but they come as separate session then. I love it initially for gauging a battery in a phone, with it giving estimated SOT and life with screen off etc.

Soldato
I think/guess that's RAM management shutting the app down in the background, so it marks what it knows, but they come as separate session then. I love it initially for gauging a battery in a phone, with it giving estimated SOT and life with screen off etc.
Ah you could be onto it there with the RAM management.

Soldato
With respect to USB-C to 3.5mm convertors, the OP8PRO works with the cheaper analogue versions, no need to buy the DAC versions like you had to with the Pixel.

And PD 18W wired charging is supported which is handy.

Soldato
And PD 18W wired charging is supported which is handy.
That's interesting. PD is supposed to be in the 7T Pro but I have never seen it and I have two or three PD chargers from my Pixel 2XL days as well as a MacBook Pro charger and I have never been able to get more than a 10w charge except for the bundled charger obviously.

Soldato
That's interesting. PD is supposed to be in the 7T Pro but I have never seen it and I have two or three PD chargers from my Pixel 2XL days as well as a MacBook Pro charger and I have never been able to get more than a 10w charge except for the bundled charger obviously.

I tested it and it indeed says its fast charging.

Went from 20 to 55% in 30 mins which sounds about right for 18W.

And I agree with Andy, fast charging when you're in a pinch. Slow 5w charging over night to keep temps low and maintain battery health.

Soldato
In an hour it did 25%....

For me that's actually fine, as I charge overnight and I guess lower speeds it better for it. I have the cable laying there if I need a speedy top up!
Is that with your Huawei 15w pad Andy? That would suggest 5w then as well? Agree it works for that type of charging habit however when I wireless charge I use the pad at my work desk and the phone is off and on quite often throughout the day so 5w isn't much use as it would never get any significant charge.
It really is a pity. Maybe someone can prove the 10w at some stage but I'm yet to see it.
I tested it and it indeed says its fast charging.

Went from 20 to 55% in 30 mins which sounds about right for 18W.

And I agree with Andy, fast charging when you're in a pinch. Slow 5w charging over night to keep temps low and maintain battery health.
Mine says Fast Charging as well but I never felt it actually was.

Soldato
Probably because it still feels quite slow compared to Warp charge which is insanely fast. Warp gets from 20 to 82% in the same time. 30 mins.
I timed this morning using my MacBook Pro charger (which is PD) and my 7T Pro "Charging Rapidly" increased 32% in 39mins. I can't find anywhere to work out an exact calculation but I put that in the 10w ballpark, probaby around 9w allowing for inefficiency etc. How that is Rapid charging I don't know.

Soldato
I timed this morning using my MacBook Pro charger (which is PD) and my 7T Pro "Charging Rapidly" increased 32% in 39mins. I can't find anywhere to work out an exact calculation but I put that in the 10w ballpark, probaby around 9w allowing for inefficiency etc. How that is Rapid charging I don't know.

Looks like it's borked on yours. Certainly working fine on the OP8.

Soldato

Surely it could depend on what % you started on? If it was from 68% up, that's great, no?

Soldato
My thoughts so far from having it a few days.

Link below for size comparison from my old mate 20x to this, hopefully the link wirkd.
https://i.imgur.com/3VznkXl.jpg
This is a small phone for sure, easy 1 hand for me and I have small hands.
The screen is the gem on this phone, looks so nice and really bright. The 120hz has to be seen to be believed. So smooth and fluid, really makes 60hz look bad. You deffo won't go back for it. I was messing on my mates iPhone 11 pro and it just doesn't have the smoothness and fluidity of this.

I don't mind the curved screen at all. Mine didn't have a protector fitted but had 2 in the box, cheap nasty ones mind.

Sound is really good as well , wasn't expecting it to get close to the proper dual speakers ok the 20x but it's pretty good.

No complaints with the camera so far , not really had chance to test it properly with work.

So far pretty happy with it , battery I doubt will match the 20x but we will see in time.
It may be a bit faster than the 20x but it's not massive , considering I had that phone 7 months and it's still fast as hell.
Looking forward to faster updates on oxygen.

Soldato
Good summary but...

This is a small phone for sure

Honestly, that's a pretty silly and misleading comment. If someone said to me (like my mother for example) they wanted a small phone and I bought them this, they would not be happy. It might be smaller than the 20X... you know, one of the biggest phones ever, but that doesn't make it a small phone. :)

Back
Top Bottom