• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***LOCKDOWN DEALS!***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
@Darujhistan dude .. you seem to need a cuddle .you seem to be lashing out at things beyond your control .
is the whole covid thing getting you down ? talk to someone ..
what is it thats really bothering you ?
like has been said you can buy or not up to you ..ocuk are not the problem here ...
And you are no help either with a pathetic "need a cuddle quote" ?

Soldato
because he is trying to make a point of principle, which clearly some people find uncomfortable
I disagree this all started because he got upset at Gibbo's response to another users question. Which does come across has him having a chip on his shoulder.

If he is serisously trying to make point then he is doing a terrible job at it.

Soldato
@Darujhistan dude .. you seem to need a cuddle .you seem to be lashing out at things beyond your control .
is the whole covid thing getting you down ? talk to someone ..
what is it thats really bothering you ?
like has been said you can buy or not up to you ..ocuk are not the problem here ...

Give the BS a rest "dude". Try engaging with the issue rather than pretending i'm the issue.

Soldato
Give the BS a rest "dude". Try engaging with the issue rather than pretending i'm the issue.
You've already been given an answer. You don't like it, don't buy it. That is what people do. That's the rules of the game whether you like it or not. you can moan all you want but that isn't going to change anything. The only thing that will cause change is people not buying it. End of story.

your other option is to take Gibbos job and then set the prices to what you want. Or you could start a company based on your principals.

Permabanned
well in my mind there is no issue ? i see you attacking a company for making a profit .
like i said there are hundereds of vendors out there doing the same thing .. do you know how much mcd's profit is ?
pepsi ? it's water and flavouring at up to £1 a can ..takes at the most 20p to produce
so yes i do think the problem is you

Soldato
You've already been given an answer. You don't like it, don't buy it. That is what people do. That's the rules of the game whether you like it or not. you can moan all you want but that isn't going to change anything. The only thing that will cause change is people not buying it. End of story.

your other option is to take Gibbos job and then set the prices to what you want. Or you could start a company based on your principals.

And the answer is insufficient, as I have stated. I think what's really interesting here is just how much people don't like hearing dissent, even when it is absolutely morally justified, what's more important to them is defending their favourite vendors and tech giants in particular, as we've often seen with apple for example.

I will continue to call out spiv behaviour, and you can continue to defend it and to try and deflect attention away from the real issue.

Soldato
well in my mind there is no issue ? i see you attacking a company for making a profit .
like i said there are hundereds of vendors out there doing the same thing .. do you know how much mcd's profit is ?
pepsi ? it's water and flavouring at up to £1 a can ..takes at the most 20p to produce

Where did I attack anyone for making a profit?

Do you know the difference between running a business and making a profit, which no-one objects to, and profiteering and spiv behaviour which is the case here?

Soldato
because it seems very few people seem to understand that these days.

Well, that's where you're wrong as everyone understands that principle, so there was no need to state the obvious, it seems you didn't get that first time around and have simply repeated yourself, third times the charm eh?

Soldato

You really don't see the issue?

Imagine going to the shop to buy a loaf of bread and when you get to the till they have doubled the price because it's the last one.

Or going to the shop to buy a bottle of water and they have doubled the price because local water supply is off for the day.

Then at the same time advertising it as a special deal.

Permabanned
You really don't see the issue?

Imagine going to the shop to buy a loaf of bread and when you get to the till they have doubled the price because it's the last one.

Or going to the shop to buy a bottle of water and they have doubled the price because local water supply is off for the day.

Then at the same time advertising it as a special deal.
again pepsi ? do it all the time, currys do it, morrisons are doing it on meat atm .. they raise the price over a few months .. then say here's a deal ..
i just don't get what your saying is it because it so much money ? instead of 50p it's £2-300
or have you never noticed it until now ?

Soldato
again pepsi ? do it all the time, currys do it, morrisons are doing it on meat atm .. they raise the price over a few months .. then say here's a deal ..
i just don't get what your saying is it because it so much money ? instead of 50p it's £2-300
or have you never noticed it until now ?

I don't care who does what tbh.

If they wanna milk people when supply is short it's up to them.

But don't waste my time with deal threads that have no deals in them!! :)

Associate
Let's be honest, the major pc component retailers tend to price like the domestic energy suppliers. Where one goes, the others follow.

You'd struggle to find a 5700xt priced anywhere near pre covid 19 prices. So the argument that, its your choice, buy elsewhere is null and void in my opinion.

Associate
Why does it have to always be jealousy? I don't agree with jacking up prices just because they can. It's not just here either. It's certainly not got anything to do with jealousy.

I could never do what Gibbo did, I just couldn't live with myself. I couldn't care less what car he drives etc.

What I do have issue with, is greed and profiteering. Having GPU's sat for years on a shelf forgotten about, posted up a ridiculous price to start with, just to see them still selling and then jacking the price up another £200 for the last couple. Immoral to say the least.

Did he kick your dog or something? No one is forcing you or anyone else to buy anything. Not happy with the price of a particular product? Buy it elsewhere.

Some stuff to me is over priced too, but at the same time the GPU deals they had on meant that OCUK were the cheapest place by far for the card I wanted, so I bought one.

It's clearly petty jealousy where Darujhistan is concerned, otherwise why bother mentioning the fact the guy has a Ferrari? It's clearly insinuating that he's some unscrupulous bandit ripping everyone off and profiting from it handsomely. If that were true and OCUK offered no value, they wouldn't be selling anything, Gibbo wouldn't have a Ferrari and you wouldn't be here posting about (or anything for that matter).

Raz

Raz

Soldato
Worth mentioning that there's nothing special about OCUK in terms of it being a retailer but it's the community here and the engagement with the staff like Gibbo et al that make it a retailer worth using. Forum members and staff are always around to help with issues, and will typically be around to help until they are resolved.

That said, they're not the most competitive and sometimes sell things for a lot more than other retailers - as a business it's there to make a profit, no matter how ethically questionable (they're not breaking the law).

People saying that you can just shop elsewhere - yes, but that's missing the point. Was it wrong for there to be an uproar when certain supermarkets/local shops hiked up prices of milk, toilet tissue, handwashes etc during the pandemic?

Nothing wrong with saying some things are wrong...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom