Racing Sim Setup Advice

Associate
Hi,

I'm thinking of dipping my toe into a bit of recreational Sim racing.

In the past I've used my desktop PC with triple monitors in an eyefinity configuration, and have successfully played F12015, F12016, and plenty of F1 titles before that.

Thoughts are that I'd rather just get a PC which is completely separate from my desktop and have a dedicated sim rig, but I don't want to spend silly money, so my budget would be around £1500 tops.

What I'm hoping for is something not dissimilar to an "Enigma Essential" bundle but probably with 16GB RAM, and potentially based around the new Ryzen 3 3300X CPU and GTX 1660 S for somewhere in the £850 range, get a seat for £250, and I'm tempted to try VR with something entry level at the £400 mark. (I already have a Logitech G27 wheel, and a spare 24" monitor)

This brings me in at the budget I'm looking for, but I don't know how/whether it would perform in the racing games I'm likely to be interested in (most likely the Codemasters F1 series). TBH in the past I haven't been that bothered about turning down some graphics details to get the smoothness of framerate, so I'm not bothered about having to have everything maxed out, but obviously it would have to drive the VR headset properly.

Am I trying to get too much performance out of too little budget, or would I have an ok setup for a bit of fun?

Any advice gratefully received.

Back
Top Bottom