Oculus Quest (Santa Cruz)

Soldato
Does anyone know of any games where I can just sit on my sofa in a stationary guardian boundary and do some relaxing 3d games, like perhaps some puzzle games, target practice/shooting games or strategy games that don't require me jumping around the room?

thanks

Soldato
OP
Does anyone know of any games where I can just sit on my sofa in a stationary guardian boundary and do some relaxing 3d games, like perhaps some puzzle games, target practice/shooting games or strategy games that don't require me jumping around the room?

thanks

I find just pottering around the world in Wander quite relaxing and can use a stationary boundary.

Soldato

thanks

Talos Principle.
SubNautica (It's probably not relaxing and you play it with a controller)

Are two games that spring to mind.

Soldato
Im after something perhaps even more simple that I can just sit and play (in VR). If anyone has played peggle on the old xbox360 then that's what Im thinking.

Something really straightforward, time passing sort of games. Easy but fun.

Soldato

thanks

Some ones that I've got:

Star Trek Bridge Crew
I Expect You to Die
Time Stall
National Geographic Explore VR
Thumper
End Space
Apollo 11

Soldato
Tetris Effect.
Space Pirates Zombies 2.
Pinball FX2VR.
Marble Land.
Table Top Sim.
Tinertia.
Moss.

A very small list of absolutely loads of games available. If you ever look at VorpX, the list gets even bigger with 2D platformers like Trine, and the Lego games being ace in VR.

Associate
Thanks for this report, have just ordered lenses based on this. Have you kept the glasses spacer in, or removed it ?
THese arrived today (VRoptician lenses), 11 daya after ordering, but there was a bank holiday weekend in there. Easily inserted, makes things handier.

Soldato
Official Oculus Link cables are now in stock at Oculus... however you may not need one as USB2 cables are now supported on the latest public test channel update!

https://www.reddit.com/r/OculusQuest/comments/gjgcq0/oculus_link_usb_20_support_on_ptc_170/

Also Carmack is hoping to add a new mode that takes advantage of USB3 bandwidth, though that's a few months off.

https://twitter.com/ID_AA_Carmack/status/1198350474526760961

I'd just ordered a link cable before I read about the USB2 update, but I'm hoping that the future USB3 update will bring additional quality improvements. Also the charging rate on USB ports is lower than USB3, so it's unlikely that the Quest will keep charged while connected.

What this means though is the Quest is now a hybrid PC/Standalone headset out of the box, as the pack-in USB2 cable works for link. That's highly significant.

Last edited:
Associate
Official Oculus Link cables are now in stock at Oculus... however you may not need one as USB2 cables are now supported on the latest public test channel update!

https://www.reddit.com/r/OculusQuest/comments/gjgcq0/oculus_link_usb_20_support_on_ptc_170/

Also Carmack is hoping to add a new mode that takes advantage of USB3 bandwidth, though that's a few months off.

https://twitter.com/ID_AA_Carmack/status/1198350474526760961

I'd just ordered a link cable before I read about the USB2 update, but I'm hoping that the future USB3 update will bring additional quality improvements. Also the charging rate on USB ports is lower than USB3, so it's unlikely that the Quest will keep charged while connected.

What this means though is the Quest is now a hybrid PC/Standalone headset out of the box, as the pack-in USB2 cable works for link. That's highly significant.

THANKS ! was trying to save up some monies for 2tb nvme card! now ive no chance! lol

ordered, dont like not having complete kits! and despite Oculus shurking on inlcuding the cable it should have been with it, anyway its on its way, and have other uses for the other USB 3 cables i had bought,

its good people are really trying to maximise what the quest can do, best £500 ive spent :)

Soldato
OP
THANKS ! was trying to save up some monies for 2tb nvme card! now ive no chance! lol

ordered, dont like not having complete kits! and despite Oculus shurking on inlcuding the cable it should have been with it, anyway its on its way, and have other uses for the other USB 3 cables i had bought,

its good people are really trying to maximise what the quest can do, best £500 ive spent :)

:confused: why should they of include the link cable which are not lstandard usb cables for a service that didn't exist when released and is still in beta. Would you have paid another £50+ on top of it's current price?

Associate
:confused: why should they of include the link cable which are not lstandard usb cables for a service that didn't exist when released and is still in beta. Would you have paid another £50+ on top of it's current price?
Actually you raise a good point, however, its not a 3rd party that made the link, its oculus, so technically its should be part of the package! and, yes i would have paid extra on top! given the popularity of the link and the quest, it has meant anyone new buying one has had to wait indefinitely for the official cable due to lack of stock/demand

Soldato
OP
Actually you raise a good point, however, its not a 3rd party that made the link, its oculus, so technically its should be part of the package! and, yes i would have paid extra on top! given the popularity of the link and the quest, it has meant anyone new buying one has had to wait indefinitely for the official cable due to lack of stock/demand

:confused: eh?

Soldato
Link wasn't even a twinkle in Carmack's eye when they originally released the Quest. It's only later when so many people were asking for a way to use the Quest as a PC headset that they investigated it and developed a solution.

Given that the Quest was never designed for this it's amazing that it's possible, even more astonishing that they have been working diligently to improve it so much that you can now use the cable that comes in the box.

The official Link cable will remain the premium, but best way to connect to link wired. It's unlikely they'll bundle it as it'll just drive the cost up and not everyone wants or needs PC link functionality. The included USB2 cable will be good enough for some people, and longer USB2 leads are cheap and readily available.

Soldato
Makes you think if they are going into that much effort then the next Quest cant be around anytime soon. Unless they are using it as a proof of concept so for Quest II its all included. Not first time a company has used users as beta testers for a future product ! ;)

Back
Top Bottom