• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Soldato
Having ran my 64 stock since I got it last year i find myself wanting more than the 80-90fps im currently getting in Warzone.

Am I likely to see much return from undervolting or overclocking? Can anyone link a recent post with some recommended settings and a how to possibly?

Cheers guys :)

Soldato
Am I likely to see much return from undervolting or overclocking? Can anyone link a recent post with some recommended settings and a how to possibly?

Same situation here... want to tinker to try and squeeze out more in Destiny 2 and Borderlands 3 (which is surprisingly taxing?!)

@Andy, from your screenshot looks like the general tactic is to increase the power limit and decrease the voltage in state 3?

Cheers,

Su

Soldato
Same situation here... want to tinker to try and squeeze out more in Destiny 2 and Borderlands 3 (which is surprisingly taxing?!)

@Andy, from your screenshot looks like the general tactic is to increase the power limit and decrease the voltage in state 3?

Cheers,

Su
erm, well thats a debate, some say alter last 3 states, others say just just state 3. tbh i tried them all and got same result, but dropping voltage and upping power is way to go, takes some trial and error, i can go a little higher, i think ive had it up around 1740, but i find the setting i use now are stable for everything,.

Soldato
Soldato
Thanks @Poneros very helpful!

Seems like the "sensible" benefit is that you essentially the same fps, but with a tonne less power usage? But only if the chip can work with the lower voltage!

May have a play later, to see what it can do...

Cheers,

Su

Associate

Cheers,

Su

To get maximum performance you could try powerplay tables. They got a Vega 56 on par with a 2070. It'll turn your system into a small nuclear reactor though

Soldato
that 1.2v seems high if only getting 1700mhz, im at 1.1v with same 1700mhz
Cheers for these!

Do you edit these settings inside the AMD Radeon software?

At work at the mo so can't jump in and check to make sense of it
yep, save your tries, so once you found a good uv/oc you can just add the profile instead of manually doing all time, i had about 20 profiles, now down to just 3 or 4

Last edited:
Soldato
Superb thanks, will have a play tonight and i'm sure i'll be back with more questions :p
ive been playing around with my nitro 64 today as day off, thought i go opposite way, sacrifice a few fps, and see how high can go with voltage set to 1000mhz on both memory at 1000mv. raised core to 1670mhz, room feels much cooler now, only drawing 205w, where as before was nearly 260w, which made the room rather toasty:D
update: now at 1685mhz scoring 7646 on timespy, not my highest, which was 7882, so around 200 points off and using 50w plus less

Untitled518b3765d96c3b4a.md.png

Last edited:
Caporegime
Think i'm gonna have to rearrange my case layout, with the rad at the front barely any air hot or cold is getting to the case internals, despite having 6 fans on the rad. Even with lowered voltage on the card it's still cranking up to 83c for 1500mhz.

m9x1Tlg.jpg

Probably put the rad in the roof and have the 2 140's at the front to intake air, or maybe leave 3 120's at the front for intakes. Card's running well though, i'm playing battlefield 5 at 3200x1800 all settings maxed and generally getting over 60fps on most maps. The snow ones cause dips for some reason.

Last edited:
Soldato
@Gerard yeah the arrangement seems inefficient. I'd test with GPU slotted in normally or maybe even get rid of the top-right fan since that's going to lead more to a vortex scenario so airflow will be negatively affected. What fans are those? I'd definitely do a bunch of tests tho. 83c & 1500 mhz is very very bad imo, unless you didn't do the Strix mod for VRMs.

Soldato
For the longest amount of time my PC has sounded like it's about to take off. I thought it was a faulty CPU cooler but it's actually the Red Devil Vega 64 fans. They're cranking up to 3500rpm!!! Any suggestions? I'm going to reapply thermal paste but I'm not sure it's going to make that much difference.

Within seconds of shutting a game (I'm only playing classic wow and ffxiv at the mo so nothing crazy taxing) the fans slow right down even though the temp is still hight. Max it gets to is about 70-75 degrees when fans are at full speed.

What's the top temp they're safe to run at?

Soldato
Great, thanks, something to work with.

I don't overclock, run with a slight undervolt in fact.

My fan should never really sound like a jet engine should it?
I know there were some complaints about fan noise on the 64's there weren't quietest cards for sure., my nitro is tolerable,Though have a slight jet engine noise to it at full overclock at 100% fans

Back
Top Bottom