The Tesla Thread

Soldato
where are you pulling the 90% figure of it’s original capacity from ? My Tesla model s after 2 years and many more miles had just shy of 99% of the original capacity? If it’s dropped 10%, I’d be calling Tesla.

Think he means he charges to 90%, rather than battery capacity is at 90%.

Soldato
Think he means he charges to 90%, rather than battery capacity is at 90%.

He actually means both of these things, but it's the 90% original capacity and how it's calculated that's being questioned.

Wife has 50k miles on her Model 3 LR after 12 months. Thus far, only issues have been the vanity mirror lights and a recent development of significant wind noise from the driver side window. Battery is around 90% of its original capacity, and we charge to 90% every weekday.

Soldato
Waiting for this to appear back on the leaseplan website my company use... apparently it was taken off for a pricing issue but should be back shortly so I am hoping it falls under budget as the only other real alternatives are the i3 and leaf or one of the PHEV options and stomach some BIK (but nothing compared to my current 520d)

Soldato
It's Teslamate. That's one of the dashboards but there's about 15 presets with lots of info on every drive, charge, etc. I was on Teslafi before, and tried Teslastics too, but both rubbish in comparison. You can import all the data from Teslafi as well.

It's largely self-hosted (though you can go down a cloud-hosted route I think) so I bought a Pi for it and am running it off that. Nice little project during lockdown too. Decent thread over at TMC about it (you'll spot my name too): https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/teslamate-update.191537/

One that screenshot in particular the # of drives, charges and cost/savings panels are bespoke so there's plenty of scope if you're into coding/tweaking.

Soldato
It's Teslamate. That's one of the dashboards but there's about 15 presets with lots of info on every drive, charge, etc. I was on Teslafi before, and tried Teslastics too, but both rubbish in comparison. You can import all the data from Teslafi as well.

It's largely self-hosted (though you can go down a cloud-hosted route I think) so I bought a Pi for it and am running it off that. Nice little project during lockdown too. Decent thread over at TMC about it (you'll spot my name too): https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/teslamate-update.191537/

One that screenshot in particular the # of drives, charges and cost/savings panels are bespoke so there's plenty of scope if you're into coding/tweaking.

I assume that's a custom dashboard? My presets don't look like that.

Caporegime
I'd know that front end anywhere considering I look at it every day i go to work :D Its grafana. One of the nice thoughts about grafana is you can share your custom dashboards you make with others by exporting the JSON if you want to share the dashboard you created. This is of course assuming you set up some local data source to host the API data in i'm guessing something like Prometheus ?

Soldato
I'd know that front end anywhere considering I look at it every day i go to work :D Its grafana. One of the nice thoughts about grafana is you can share your custom dashboards you make with others by exporting the JSON if you want to share the dashboard you created. This is of course assuming you set up some local data source to host the API data in i'm guessing something like Prometheus ?

Teslamate uses postgres (and yeah, grafana): https://docs.teslamate.org/docs/installation/docker

My only bug with grafana - unless I'm wrong - is that panels have to be SQL queries and can't just be calcs?

Soldato
Mine's already expired and I will eventually, just no point at the moment with how little driving I'm doing. Can always tether to my phone in the meantime as well.

This - I will pay for it - doesn't really bother me as it was never part of the SR+ car anyway. But for now - tether when required as I've done like 15 miles in 10 weeks I think! Will pay for it down the line somewhere.

Some people having a total meltdown over it - spent 40k on car, £6k on the "self driving" option and won't pay £10 a month for premium connectivity....go figure

Soldato
The "I'll just tether" people fail to realise that the car has an eSIM that lets you roam all around Europe AND the UK. My car gets signal pretty much everywhere because it has an international SIM. That's worth £10/month to me.

Soldato
anyone here going to pay for the premium connectivity when you get the message

I looked into the cost of a dedicated hotspot given the amount of Spotify I consume and you can't beat Tesla's price. I'm not keen on tethering because you'll either have to leave it enabled all the time or enable it whenever you use the car. I also like how solid the connection appears to be in the car. So yes, I'll be subscribing.

Soldato
I don’t think I ever actually used premium services as I don’t use Spotify and don’t watch tv in my car much. If needed I can tether to my unlimited data plan. I never thought the onboard internet was particularly fast or reliable. I certainly wouldn’t pay for it

Back
Top Bottom