Windows keeps loosing the internet?

Soldato
Anyone else having issues with the internet?

Keeps acting slow to get connected when I boot, then randomly the internet just stops working and it changes the icon to no internet access. Defenitly got internet as the phone still connects fine.

Man of Honour
Can you describe your network? How do you connect your PC,aany Intermediary devices such as powerline adapters? Router/modem combined device or separate? Use WiFi from router or separate WAPs?

:edit: when you experience the issue, can you ping your router's internal interface (default gateway address on your end devices).

Soldato
Since lock down my internet has been a bit like that, speed tests are fine but it has connection issues and timeouts. Also, Netflix and prime have been a bit lower quality and sometimes stop for a few seconds. Think it might be the extra load on servers so some stuff works fine but other stuff times out.

If your phone still has internet access when this occurs, then this would suggest an issue with the connectivity between your PC and router. This could take many different forms depending on how your PC connects. If your PC is hardwired, I would suggest rebooting the router, trying another Ethernet cable, trying another port on the router, updating the Ethernet driver on the PC, flush DNS and/or another NIC.

If wireless, try deleting and recreating the connection, flush dns, try wired, update drivers.

Soldato
OP
I connect my PC via RJ45 directly to my router, which is a 5G router, Hauwei 5G CPE Pro. My phone connects via Wi-Fi 6.

It seems websites like Google randomly stop been able to be connected to, sometimes some forums might still work too.

Back
Top Bottom