Associate
OP
It might make a small difference is they were coiled up, but not a massive difference. If you're sending it back, I wouldn't uncoil them.

Ok some good news. Got Vodafone sim and straight away it shot upto 50-60Mbps.

Now removed the black caps next to the male wire connector on the XPol an was able to screw it in firmly. Using the B535 and stuck outside with my hand it went to 115Mbps! Indoors it's a little less when right next to window.

Now using it on mr200 with wires a little stretched and it's about 70+Mbps and 80+ when hanging outside window. So I curled up the wires reasonably with antenna stuck on inside windows with suction pads and the speeds are 30Mbps :/ I'm wondering is this because of coiling the wires?

One thing to note is that the B535 can show 4G+ wheras I don't think the mr200 supports 4G+

I'm gonna try stretching the wires again later in the day and see how that goes. Although I paid £130 for the B535 from Amazon, clearly it's not new as it has scratches on it so it will go back.

Soldato
The wires are 100% not part of the antenna. They should make no difference to the signal being received unless you’re waving a magnet around next to them when they’re coiled up.

But I’m very happy that you’ve seen an improvement.

Associate
OP
The wires are 100% not part of the antenna. They should make no difference to the signal being received unless you’re waving a magnet around next to them when they’re coiled up.

But I’m very happy that you’ve seen an improvement.

So after 12am upto 5am it was 25Mbps then went up. Now just had a look and it's gone back down to 25Mbps even though it shows 4+ :(

Is this some next kind of throttling?

Associate
When renting, it's tempting to go for the 12 month contract, but I always go for rolling 30 day. No reason you should get a fixed term contract.

Unless if course, you've been with your landlord for a very long time and have a good relationship with them and know they're not going to be idiots.

Back
Top Bottom