Yubikeys

Soldato
I'm about to take the step into the world of hardware tokens and Yubikey is my chosen offering.

I wanted to check a couple of things first though as this is very new to me....

1) I set up Computer A with my Yubikey and all is well. I then happen to be at a different computer and want to log into account X. Is there a fallback option when you don't have the key in the computer?

2) How does logging in to stuff on your mobile work? So if I've secured website X on my computer using a Yubikey, but want to log into that site from my Android mobile, how would I go about doing that?

Apologies for the noob questions, and I'll gladly accept a link as an answer, just failing to find the information myself.

Cheers.

Soldato
I'm about to take the step into the world of hardware tokens and Yubikey is my chosen offering.

I wanted to check a couple of things first though as this is very new to me....

1) I set up Computer A with my Yubikey and all is well. I then happen to be at a different computer and want to log into account X. Is there a fallback option when you don't have the key in the computer?

2) How does logging in to stuff on your mobile work? So if I've secured website X on my computer using a Yubikey, but want to log into that site from my Android mobile, how would I go about doing that?

Apologies for the noob questions, and I'll gladly accept a link as an answer, just failing to find the information myself.

Cheers.
I have had yubi key for a few years. For lastpass and Google account access mostly.

If you don't have the key, it is the sites choice what options to give you. Google provide sms 2fa as the alternative.

For the next question, same answer really... Its up to the mobile site to choose. There is a yubikey with nfc I see.

Back
Top Bottom