Finally building a new PC after 8 years - how does this look?

Soldato
Last PC I built was an Intel 2600K based PC about 8 years ago (still going strong and going to convert in to server), so it's time to upgrade

Budget around £2,000 for the PC and I want a screen too - this spec is coming in at just under £2k for the PC and £2.5k with screen:

• AMD Ryzen 3900X
  • Corsair H100i RGB Platinum
  • Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO motherboard
  • Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB x2
  • Samung 970 Evo Plus 1TB M.2
  • Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 Super 8GB Windforce OC 3X
  • be quiet! Dark Base 700
  • Super Flower Leadex III 650W PSU
Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated :)

I will be getting an Oculus Rift S at some point, plus want to game at 4k as I'll be getting the Dell U2720Q.

The main bit I'm not too sure on right now is the motherboard. I do want WiFi and Bluetooth, but if there's something that's better performance for my money that doesn't have WiFi, then I would consider just getting a separate WiFi/Bluetooth card.

The ASUS TUF looks good. Plus the Gigabyte Aorus Pro WiFi is out of stock everywhere, and that was my other choice.

Thanks

Last edited:
Associate
Last PC I built was an Intel 2600K based PC about 8 years ago (still going strong and going to convert in to server), so it's time to upgrade

Budget around £2,000 for the PC and I want a screen too - this spec is coming in at just under £2k for the PC and £2.5k with screen:

• AMD Ryzen 3900X
  • Corsair H100i RGB Platinum
  • ASUS TUF Gaming X570 Plus WiFi
  • Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB x2
  • Samung 970 Evo Plus 1TB M.2
  • Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 Super 8GB Windforce OC 3X
  • be quiet! Dark Base 700
  • Super Flower Leadex III 650W PSU
Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated :)

I will be getting an Oculus Rift S at some point, plus want to game at 4k as I'll be getting the Dell U2720Q.

The main bit I'm not too sure on right now is the motherboard. I do want WiFi and Bluetooth, but if there's something that's better performance for my money that doesn't have WiFi, then I would consider just getting a separate WiFi/Bluetooth card.

The ASUS TUF looks good. Plus the Gigabyte Aorus Pro WiFi is out of stock everywhere, and that was my other choice.

Thanks

Looks like a good set up. Personally though I wouldn't go for a closed loop water cooler. I'd get a high performance air cooler. No risks of leaks, and it won't degrade it's performance.

Soldato
OP
Thank you :)

What do you mean by "and it won't degrade it's performance"? As in, a decent air cooler will be just as good?

Something like the be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4?

Edit: ok, will go for the Dark Rock Pro 4 - quieter and just as good as the H100. Only downside is looks!
Also changed to Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO motherboard as specs look slightly better than the TUF, and it has USB 3.2 gen 2 headers which is a bonus as the case I've picked supports that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom