dentist

Permabanned
so cracked a tooth the other night very sore .. rang to day to get it out .. nope covid.... here's some antibiotics
really ... **** em

if your going to close my post tell me why no rules have been broken ?
it's a legit post .. my wife go's to work every day and has many customers .. morrisons petrol station
so why can't a dentist ?
do they earn to much ?or is it skills based ?
shes in harms way so why can't they be ..

Soldato
so cracked a tooth the other night very sore .. rang to day to get it out .. nope covid.... here's some antibiotics
really ... **** em

it's a legit post .. my wife go's to work every day and has many customers .. morrisons petrol station
so why can't a dentist ?

Morrison's have measures in place to protect staff as best they can. Their also essential workers. A Dentist will stick their face over your mouth to carry out their work. Bit of a difference there mate.

Take the antibiotics, and any pain relief you might have.

Soldato
Doctors' and nurses' jobs specifically require them to be exposed to potentially dangerous and infectious diseases. Their role and the support facilities will be structured around that, because it's just a normal job hazard.
Dentists are not so required and more so their support staff, so their services have been curtailed a great deal.

The official word by which dentists should abide: https://www.england.nhs.uk/coronavi...ter-for-primary-dental-care-25-march-2020.pdf

Long story short, you're not likely to die from a broken tooth and the reduction in dental services will likely not result in a high percentage of the population greatly suffering.
It's a statistics game.

Soldato
and so are many others but they still get done ..
The tone of your original post and your reply to mine speaks volumes. I'll put it down to having a painful tooth with can make a person very irritable. Admittedly I didn't put any explanation along with the link but really didn't think I'd need to.

Permabanned
The tone of your original post and your reply to mine speaks volumes. I'll put it down to having a painful tooth with can make a person very irritable. Admittedly I didn't put any explanation along with the link but really didn't think I'd need to.

It's the worst kind of pain. Sometimes no matter what you have it can't take it away. Horrible thing.

Soldato
Sat behind a plastic screen is not the same as literally sticking your face by someone's mouth.

Perhaps when dentists get proper PPE then they'll go back.

Soldato
You can ring back, say the pain has become worse or not improved, and ask for referral onwards to a UDC, and urgent dental care centre.
These have been established around the country to deal with those in pain, traumas, swelling etc.
Request referral to one.
They should be able to accommodate you, although you may have to travel.

Man of Honour
I had a check-up scheduled last month, dentist receptionist called me to say it had been cancelled due to Covid-19, but added, “Any emergency comes up, call and we’ll fit you in, probably the same day.”

Soldato
I had root canal on a tooth last year. It collapsed during the first week of lockdown. Got a "no" from the dentist when I asked for an appointment. So I've had temporary fillings on there since. But those caused my gum to redden and swell. So now it's just an open tooth.

Probably going to wind up in dental hospital for an extraction when things are back to normal. The stump of tooth that's left is a bit shorter than it was 8 weeks ago...

Caporegime
really ... **** em

so why can't a dentist ?

Does the wife reach into people's mouths during her shift at Morrisons?

Caporegime
Sat behind a plastic screen is not the same as literally sticking your face by someone's mouth.

Perhaps when dentists get proper PPE then they'll go back.
This pretty much, my missus is a dentist and she wants to get back to work as she’s not making any money. She’s a private dentist that contracts out to the surgery she works in. So at the moment I’m the breadwinner in the house.
But until they can get proper PPE and figure out how to do social distancing, then she and other dentists will not be going back to work.

Back
Top Bottom