PGA Tour 2K21

Associate
I wonder why they didn't hold fire and release it for the Xbox series x and PS5

I know the sales etc would probably take a hit with the new consoles,but at least we would get a next-gen version !

Soldato
Because that's still cheating.

And if players get banned for it I'm not sure what your point is.
I wonder why they didn't hold fire and release it for the Xbox series x and PS5

I know the sales etc would probably take a hit with the new consoles,but at least we would get a next-gen version !

I guess they are re-cycling their existing engine thus is "ready to go" with minimal outlay using a big licence.

Soldato
I just hope it’s an improvement on Rory Mcilroy, I prefer Everybody’s Golf to that.

Though it’s obviously dated now, my favourite golf game has to be Links 386 Pro. I haven’t played it in decades so the old rose coloured glasses might be involved.

Associate
OP
Just over a week 'til release. Can't wait for this. Lots of preview videos went out last week and it seems that they've definitely improved on what was already great game in TGC2019.

Associate
Graphically it looks like something from 5 years ago.

All courses appear to be the exact same shades of green, Rough/first cut identical everywhere and the same unnatural lighting in each. Could add all the holes together and it would seem like 1 big course. The crowds are identical and just stand aimlessly as the ball comes straight at their face.

The tempo part looks interesting, with people knowing they hit a bad shot right after release like in real life. but it seems 2k have really just fifa'd this one. so the control is an improvement but it seems lacking in actual game depth.

Soldato
Perhaps I misheard in the video but they're charging nigh on £40 for this and it's going to be full of micro-transactions?

For me, Tiger Woods 2008 still has the best control feel to it. It's still using the pull back mouse and push forward method but it feels like I can judge it. I tried The Golf Club 2019 and it just doesn't feel right. Not as quick nor as fluid. I understand that for some golfers the intricacies and nuances make it feel more realistic to them, but for me it was offputting.

M.

Soldato

All courses appear to be the exact same shades of green, Rough/first cut identical everywhere and the same unnatural lighting in each. Could add all the holes together and it would seem like 1 big course. The crowds are identical and just stand aimlessly as the ball comes straight at their face.

The tempo part looks interesting, with people knowing they hit a bad shot right after release like in real life. but it seems 2k have really just fifa'd this one. so the control is an improvement but it seems lacking in actual game depth.

I'll agree with the colour pallette, courses not looking much different, crowds will always be copy and paste as that's always the case with golf games. But remember once people get hold of the course creator things will completely get mixed up regarding course aesthetics. Where I disagree is the game depth. A lot more has been put in to the career, it's a lot more dynamic, there are menus and tools galore. Clubs now have stats, bags can be completely mixed ie you can have all different clubs from each of the manufacturers if you please to really fine tune your shots. The swing has been completely overhauled, ball roll improved, backspin reactions, more skill levels and we've not even seen what's in store with the multiplayer yet which is expected to have lots more levels of depth.

Associate
OP
Perhaps I misheard in the video but they're charging nigh on £40 for this and it's going to be full of micro-transactions?

For me, Tiger Woods 2008 still has the best control feel to it. It's still using the pull back mouse and push forward method but it feels like I can judge it. I tried The Golf Club 2019 and it just doesn't feel right. Not as quick nor as fluid. I understand that for some golfers the intricacies and nuances make it feel more realistic to them, but for me it was offputting.

M.

Microtransactions for cosmetic items only. No pay-to-win here. I'm sure I read you can earn the items in the game without buying them too if you earn enough points.

The swing has been overhauled and there are many more toggle-able aids to help the noobs pick it up easier.

Associate
The golf club series to me really looks and plays good but I’m a 3 click power bar old fashion tiger woods player that would like an option to pick what power swing you prefer as I find the pull back and forward timing on a controller really hard to keep a straight motion swing

Associate
OP
The golf club series to me really looks and plays good but I’m a 3 click power bar old fashion tiger woods player that would like an option to pick what power swing you prefer as I find the pull back and forward timing on a controller really hard to keep a straight motion swing

Do you use the 'pincer' technique (forefinger at the top of the mushroom, thumb at the bottom) or are you just trying to use your thumb alone to move the mushroom back and forward?

The former is way easier.

Associate
OP

Agreed the graphics are still looking a bit dated, I think the course designer holds it back in this regards. Courses will look very different though - the official PGA ones are much the same shade of green but all the custom ones will be able to look massively different. There are definitely different shade options for fairway and rough colours.

The crowds do still suck. Was hoping they'd have improved on this.

Associate
Do you use the 'pincer' technique (forefinger at the top of the mushroom, thumb at the bottom) or are you just trying to use your thumb alone to move the mushroom back and forward?

The former is way easier.
Just thumb ontop of the mushroom and then straight back and forth,
Need to find a easier way if most golf games are not including the 3 click system anymore

Back
Top Bottom