Please can someone suggest me a 1440p monitor, budget £450

Associate
Hi guys,

A month and a half ago I built myself a new pc (thanks much by the way to everyone on here for your helpful advice with that). However I feel it's time in a month or so to upgrade to a new monitor too. I'm currently using a 1080p 60hz Acer something or other.

My PC's specs are:
Ryzen 3700x, 32GB Ram, MSi Tomahawk Max B450, Nvidia RTX 2070 Super, etc.

I would guess for this kind of spec 1440p would be excellent. I do not know a lot about monitors but I'm guessing 144hz refresh and the best other features I can get for the money is best? My budget is around £450

I also use my PS4 on my monitor at the moment and would like to do soon the new one. It is however very much secondary to the PC which is the priority. So as longs as it works in any way on the monitor in happy. Sound wise the monitor doesn't have to have speakers either as I have a sound setup that takes care of both PC and PS4.

Cheers much in advance for your help and suggestions.

Mark
(The Scop)

Associate

Another vote for the IIyama - its a belter !

I am in a similar boat to OP and was originally trying to decide between vg27aq and the FI27Q (gl850 too but stock is an issue)

Is there any extensive reviews of this iiyama monitor? It's an unknown brand to me so placing a pre order just off a manufacturer spec sheet seems iffy to me. And if you do have any more info on this monitor would you go for it over the two (three) I have mentioned above?

Soldato
I am in a similar boat to OP and was originally trying to decide between vg27aq and the FI27Q (gl850 too but stock is an issue)

Is there any extensive reviews of this iiyama monitor? It's an unknown brand to me so placing a pre order just off a manufacturer spec sheet seems iffy to me. And if you do have any more info on this monitor would you go for it over the two (three) I have mentioned above?

I have one and am using it right now - IIyama are one of the oldest and best brands of monitor.

Associate
OP
Cheers for the advice guys, one small issue for me however is, upon measuring I haven't got enough space for a monitor as wide as that. I would say I can fit a 27" inch in though. Is there a 27 inch version of that monitor or something similar by them or someone else?

Back
Top Bottom