Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone (Battlenet ID's in OP)

Associate
Doesn't take long to level guns in Warzone BR either really, though it is a bit painful trying to level something like an AUG because without the 5.56mm rounds its pretty much useless in BR.

Soldato
Interesting patch tho

Bunkers can now be opened in Warzone with key cards. The phones also give out numbers when interacted with

End of the patch notes says:

Number station <redacted> is Protocol Yellow. Activate <redacted> system. <redacted> is inbound. Awaiting correct authorization

Some mysteries to solve!

Also 2 new MP maps

Soldato
Interesting patch tho

Bunkers can now be opened in Warzone with key cards. The phones also give out numbers when interacted with

End of the patch notes says:

Some mysteries to solve!

Also 2 new MP maps

Bunkers? I've never even seen any locked bunker doors :D
Like both new MP maps, Hardhat on Hardcore is great fun

Associate
Having server connection issues on the PC version at the moment and cant even get to the main menu, seems to be a widespread issue.
I can however, connect via my xbox. Strange.

Soldato
Patch applied - shaders downloaded.

Game is running OK but I still cant get a game with decent ping.

Normally at least 80-100. Sometimes more.

Not sure why as I used to consistently be in 35-45 ping lobbies.

Anyone else having this issue? Also taking ages to find a lobby between matches too.

wnb

wnb

Soldato
I've been playing br with randoms but they are always and I do mean always not in the uk. I can only listen to so much banter in Italian.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Its now a Wall Hack Fest.... Even you camp for the sake of camping in a pointless you place you get hunted down, game over and uninstalled.

Associate

yep, though I don't feel I have come across any in Warzone, had an encounter on Multiplayer a week or so ago with a player with an AK whom seemed to be single firing headshotting us all. Like not even controlled burst and no it wasn't HC mode.

Hopefully they will get on top of this latest wave of hackers and looking forward to season 4 :)

Caporegime
Last night up until around 9pm was awesome, got a powerful gun Berlina(?) and a Ruby with over 1.5 million in the bank but then it went down hill from there..... CHEATERS! There was this one guy for example that would shoot you out of the sky as soon as you spawned in with a parachute, rapid fire gun on target again and again. Had an Asian flag and about rank 160! This just got worse after that :(

Soldato
Its now a Wall Hack Fest.... Even you camp for the sake of camping in a pointless you place you get hunted down, game over and uninstalled.

lol. How do you know you are being 'wallhacked' ?
Do you use ghost perk? If not people could be using HR sensor or UAVs to spot you and shoot you through walls, or the snapshot grenade.

Came 2nd like night in BR Solos. So close yet so far. I have yet to see these wall hackers / any form of hacking

Soldato
Last night up until around 9pm was awesome, got a powerful gun Berlina(?) and a Ruby with over 1.5 million in the bank but then it went down hill from there..... CHEATERS! There was this one guy for example that would shoot you out of the sky as soon as you spawned in with a parachute, rapid fire gun on target again and again. Had an Asian flag and about rank 160! This just got worse after that :(

160? Max rank is 155 so this guy was clearly hacking!! :D

Soldato
I think ive worked out why 50% resolution scaling sometimes occurs along with shadow map being reset to normal instead of extra high and caching shaders and something else.

When you select Play from the launcher, its only happened when I click other windows. If you leave it alone to launch, it's fine. It also sets Fullscreen boarderless

Soldato
lol. How do you know you are being 'wallhacked' ?

It's pretty obvious when you spec people. You are correct that there are legit ways of getting a rough idea of where someone is, but speccing a player normally gives it away particularly if they are using a bot also. So the snapshot grenade tells you when you have been identified by it. UAV is not a pinpoint system either and only pings player locations periodically and is not effective against the ghost perk.

In Quake 3 you could demo the player then use the shownormals command to show player locations through walls on the replay. As a server admin back in the day, I caught a lot of players out with that function.

I would like to see that feature in modern games.

With wallhacks - players always trip up when using them and look directly at players through walls and scenery or focus on an area because they know a player is there - ie always being in the right place at the right time, time after time. In core TDM, for example, any player with high kills and really low deaths is suspicious simply due to the nature of the game and the maps. It's just a statistical unlikelyhood that someone can go all map and not die or only die a couple of times whilst also racking up 30+ kills - ie you need to be in the action to get kills like that and map design and game mechanics are such that you have a high likelihood of dying. That's not to say higher kd is always suspicious but 30+ kills but less than 4-5 deaths in core TDM then something is usually wrong unless the player is in a lobby full of noobs.

5 buildings only 1 enemy left - a wallhacker will go to the right building with the enemy in every time. You also never see them get ambushed or run into another player unexpectedly.

Better hackers are smarter and at least try and pretend they dont know where the players are. But theres always some telltale signs. Watching players play a lot gives you spidey senses when you spec someone who is moving strangely, looking at odd things or looking around in an odd way, or ADS in strange places when there doesent seem to be any reason for it. It normally correlates with them destroying the rest of the server too :)

Bot users give themselves away even easier. Like in the video above.

Back
Top Bottom