Was buying this lot a terrible idea?!

Permabanned
I thought that may have been the PSU casing.
So the GPU is getting warm air from the PSU, warm air from it's own exhaust & warm air from the CPU cooler. Truly awful case design. If I was the OP, I'd trash that case & buy a better one.

Soldato
You much be off your conkers putting a 2080ti, or any serious GPU for that matter in that case. If your intention was to go deaf while simultaneously having very hot legs you have smashed it.

Soldato
I thought that may have been the PSU casing.
So the GPU is getting warm air from the PSU, warm air from it's own exhaust & warm air from the CPU cooler. Truly awful case design. If I was the OP, I'd trash that case & buy a better one.

What I find interesting about these style ITX cases is the foot print, compare the footprint of a H210 to an air flow case like the Meshify C and its only a few MM in length and width smaller, its the height that has the biggest difference but if the case is going on a desk you will never have an issue with height so you're getting terrible cooling with a very similar foot print to save on height

Seems very odd to me

Soldato
OP
its silent working during the day - temps are 33/34c.

Temps are perfectly manageable for casual gaming - 2 120mm fans intake on the front and the 2 rainbox ones in the rear doing the job just fine :)

Associate
I wonder how much cash is wasted on technology over a year and how much profit companies are making. :D

I think nvidia’s average margin is 60%, so will be less in the lower/mid end consumer level and much higher at the “I’m blowing almost as much on a graphics card as you could build a decent 1440p pc for”.

Associate
I have the same case (well almost), the H200 with a i5-9600k and Kfa2 2080. Cooling is not as bad as you think, my GPU temps never exceed 80c and that is with the case in a TV cabinet and ambient room temps of 24c. I do have a front mounted radiator with dual 120mm intake fans and a 1 120mm rear exhaust fan. The fans do ramp up, but it doesn't bother me as I just turn up the game audio.

Soldato
OP
Full spec -

NZXT Kraken X53
upHere RGB 120mm case fans
NZXT H210
Crucial MX500 2TB
Intergral M Series 512GB NVMe m.2
MSI B450i Gaming PLUS AC ITX
Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200mhz
Ryzen 9 3950x
EVGA RTX 2080ti GAMING XC