The EMTB (Electric Mountain Bike) Discussion Thread...

Caporegime
My knees are also a bit flaky these days, is why I am looking at these also. :)

There are some tasty full suspension ones for 7.5 k. :p I dont think you need full suss for XC trails really.

Greedy! I was looking at the 3k ones and thought.. Maybe but surely it's not worth it!

Caporegime
OP
My knees are also a bit flaky these days, is why I am looking at these also. :)

There are some tasty full suspension ones for 7.5 k. :p I dont think you need full suss for XC trails really.
A Cube full suspension (FS) will cost between 3.5-4k.

I have ridden both HT and FS XC for years and will never again buy a hard tail. It makes a big difference to my riding comfort when I am out for long hours even on modestly bumpy terrain.

Caporegime

I have ridden both HT and FS XC for years and will never again buy a hard tail. It makes a big difference to my riding comfort when I am out for long hours even on modestly bumpy terrain.

Like double the cost of the acid hybrid one!

Permabanned

Yeah but it does depend on what sort of riding is done. Its also a 29er so marginally more comfortable.

That said my XC bike is now 10 years old and is a full suss. :) Its just a lot more money and "possibly" not worth it for some.

Caporegime
There are many on here and Pedelecs who will disagree.
Mine are brilliant.

A lot of online sources seem to say the weight distribution is weird. It's not as natural an assistance. I was considering it but kind of got put off.
Is it not more sensible if you're spending 1000s? Not couple of k?

I'm not sure if I need something that extreme. I mean it's hard to know what I'll be using it for.

I mean my road bike cost 200 and was fine. I can't see me needing something 4k.i mean I've never even had a mtb before

Caporegime
OP
There are many on here and Pedelecs who will disagree.
Mine are brilliant.
It is a cost-effective DIY solution solution to upgrade a bike with a motor such as Bafang and they can certainly perform decently for what you get, but it is of course not as good as a modern natively integrated Ebike with a system such as Bosch that are designed fro the ground up to be the best Ebike possible.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I'm not sure if I need something that extreme. I mean it's hard to know what I'll be using it for.

I mean my road bike cost 200 and was fine. I can't see me needing something 4k.i mean I've never even had a mtb before

I've had these around 5 years and they are used all year round, the MTB cost £150 and the hybrid cost £300

Trek4300.jpg

TrekFX7.5.jpg

Soldato
Hi guys.. I'm looking at getting a new eMTB for commuting and a bit of fun when I'm not working Looking to spend around £3000, I've seen Haibike's and maybe the Specialized Turbo Levo.

Just looking for some recommendations really.

Cheers!

Associate
I've only owned mine since November last year, but I've already covered more distance on it than I did in the years of owning my old Scott bike before it was stolen.
It's more fun and just makes me want to ride it and explore the local area on and off road.
The same could probably be said for any electric bike though.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've only owned mine since November last year, but I've already covered more distance on it than I did in the years of owning my old Scott bike.
It's more fun and just makes me want to ride it and explore the local area on and off road

I have a cheapo ebike at the moment, But I'm finding its not up to what I want, so I'm giving it to the Mrs I can't wait for it to arrive, And I know what you mean about exploring etc, I love having the motor there

Caporegime
FYI, I went for the cube acid hybrid one blue/orange.
It's lower end 1900 and only front sus. But need something for work.

Cycle to work might be coming year end. So may look at something different then and palm this off to gf.

Stock is almost gone for ebikes across the UK. So took the plunge. Wanted to wait a couple of months to set up a CC 0pc but needs must!

Was also concerned about failure out of warranty on a 3k bike.

Soldato
Congrats.
You're going to love it.

A little tip though.

DON'T have a ride on anyones high powered ebikes for a fair while.
Because once you do.......

--------> Wallet Contents <------------
--------> Whoooooooooooooooooooooosh ---------------------------------------------->

I've just reinstalled my 72v after getting the new display and "Oh my Gawd", Nice to be back !!

Soldato
Can anyone recommend insurance on Giant electric - MTB it's my sons and he's 16 but everywhere I look when entering age they all start at 2002 (18yrs) ?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom