• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Rx 580 fan randomly dropping to 0 rpm

Associate
Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone has had this problem before. Yesterday after a big call of duty update I started noticing that after I die, and then skip the kill cam, it freezes for a second and had a wierd graphical glitch like 4 inches around the screen. I also noticed that the fan stops spinning at the same time.
I loaded up both nzxt cam software and afterburner and it does go to 0 rpm.
I also noticed that when someone throws a smoke I get flickering in the smoke, it's only done this twice though. My card isn't overclocked.
I've created a manual fan curve which has stopped it dropping to 0 rpm. It's still doing it but not as much and I'm not seeing the graphical issues when smoke is there.
Thing is my tennis are great. I have a ryzen 5 1400 with 16gb ram. Cpu is at 53 degrees and GPU is at 52 degrees.
I haven't tried any other games to see if it's related to just this one and I will do today. I will also reinstall the latest GPU drivers. It worries me is GPU related. Card is strix Rx 580 8gb version.
Any help is most appreciated.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom