Iiyama GB3461WQSU-B1 - Flat 34" 1440 144HZ 1MS IPS Freesync for <£400

Associate
Hoping I don't need to RMA mine, but after it comes out of standby the right half of the screen has artefacts all over it. I have to turn it off then on and it's fine... should I be concerned or could this be driver issues?

That's very odd. I can confirm that mine doesn't do that with the 1080ti and latest drivers.
I had to re-install them to make the G Sync option appear

Associate
Yeah its going to be bit of a wait probably as they are clearly only getting a few at a time but I guess a RMA must come before anyone else being able to pre-order given that you have already paid for it, but I don't really know for certain. Are they paying for the return postage given the scuff marks on the rear or are you having to pick any of that up?

They arranged for DPD to collect it and no mention of paying for postage.

Associate
That's very odd. I can confirm that mine doesn't do that with the 1080ti and latest drivers.
I had to re-install them to make the G Sync option appear

I had that happen to me once yesterday, first time in a week, I don't believe it's GPU driver related as I'm on a Vega 64. Whoever gets it next should just take a screenshot and send it to iiyama support, see what they say. Might be something which needs a firmware update.

Soldato
Mine arrived this morning and i set it up a little while ago.

I haven't gamed yet because I cant actually get Freesync to work (i have a Vega 64). In Wattman it says Freesync is not supported despite me doing a clean install of the AMD drivers and making sure its enabled in the monitor OSD settings. I'm not sure what i'm doing wrong. Speaking of the OSD settings the controls are horrible to use.

I'm finding the whites to be a bit yellowish but i'm too much of a monitor noob to really know how to calibrate the colours.

[Edit] It seems the Freesync setting in the monitor's OSD likes to turn itself off. I enabled it again, rebooted and Freesync is now enabled.

Last edited:
Soldato
Aaaaaaaaaargh!!

I've got a cluster of dead pixels right in the center of the goddamn screen!

qgBmx8G.png

yt7wRfr.png

I was hoping it was just dirt on the screen but i'm certain they're dead pixels :(

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I'm going to return mine without setting it up, decided that now is not the right time to buy a monitor as I don't have a system and won't have one for the next 4-5 weeks.

Associate
Got an email yesterday saying it was to be delivered today....It's not even been collected yet....

Did contact DPD and they said they are actually delivering Monday which is interesting though.

Associate
Seems to be a lot of them being RMA's here, be interesting to know what OCUK are seeing in terms of %s here as if a fair % are being returned it's going to be pretty tough to justify selling them due the associated RMA costs.

Associate
I've received mine and touch wood, it seems to be all good. I am working from home today so I only had time to connect it up, run the eizo monitor tests and set up g-sync but so far so good. Didn't notice any pixels on the colour tests but I am yet to give it a proper try. SQL studio and visual studio do look good on it though! It is also surprising how noticeable 144hz is even on the desktop vs. my ancient 60hz samsung LCD I had before.

Back
Top Bottom