What TV shows are you currently watching

Soldato
The Great (Season 1) - 7/10 - As mentioned during my Ep1 review, this is an very enjoyable dark comedy in the style of "The Death of Stalin" which takes quite some liberties with History and pokes fun at itself constantly. The humour is very good in most places, the cast are very good (see below) with Elle Fanning being particularly good (although the Mental Auntie is my favourite character) and the story is OK although it can drag a in a few episodes. The set design and costume apparel "should" win it some awards I'd guess, although being on HULU I don't know what award shows it'd be eligible for.

Cast - Because it's more of a spoof than trying to be accurate it can get away with a whole heap of stuff which could be initially "distracting" as the cast (set in 18th Century Russia) is fully diverse with POC & Minority through-out but because, as mentioned earlier, it's not trying to be accurate, it's easy to forget the distracting "why is that Russian Aristocrat black?" stuff very quickly.

Soldato
Watched Into The Night on Netflix over last couple of days. Actually quite intriguing once you get over the audio dubbing (unless you watch it all with subtitles on)

Just started on White Lines

Soldato
Better call Saul season 3

Good so far

I really struggled with S3, the whole Chuck storyline is for me, dull and uninteresting to watch, however there is enough good with the rest of it to stay watching.

Glad I did though as S4 improves dramatically and S5 which i'm a few episodes into is mildly better than S4 so far.

Soldato
I really struggled with S3, the whole Chuck storyline is for me, dull and uninteresting to watch, however there is enough good with the rest of it to stay watching.

Glad I did though as S4 improves dramatically and S5 which i'm a few episodes into is mildly better than S4 so far.

I know what you mean with the chuck story, but the Mike story is good and it's keeping us watching. Looking forward to watching season 4.

Soldato
I’m going through Scrubs again as Zach Braff and Donald Faison are doing a podcast talking about each episode as they watch it. So far they’ve done 12 episodes and I’ve listened to the first one. Very funny if you’re into Scrubs.

Soldato
Now on to The Strain.

Early days but looks promising.

Oh my sweet summer child :D

I thought the same, strong start but it just degenerates into 'peril of the week, saved at last minute' rinse and repeat episodes.

I think I got the end of S2 and gave up...don't want to get that guy but just read the books instead, don't waste your time with the show.

Caporegime
Oh my sweet summer child :D

I thought the same, strong start but it just degenerates into 'peril of the week, saved at last minute' rinse and repeat episodes.

I think I got the end of S2 and gave up...don't want to get that guy but just read the books instead, don't waste your time with the show.

:D

I'll finish watching the first episode and see how I get on; I don't usually get very far with most tv series anyway. I am quite enjoying Dark at the mo, however.

I really should read more books; it's been an age since I've really got stuck into one (I can't say I'm interested in e-books).

Soldato
:D

I'll finish watching the first episode and see how I get on; I don't usually get very far with most tv series anyway. I am quite enjoying Dark at the mo, however.

I really should read more books; it's been an age since I've really got stuck into one (I can't say I'm interested in e-books).

I picked up the first book in 2010 before we got on a boat to an island out on a Fijian island chain, I was gripped and sat on a beach for a day and half and finished the whole thing. It's written in part by Del Toro.

I also have no like of e-books, I still buy actual paper books. However I read all graphic novels on tablet...odd one that.

Soldato
I decided to give some shows I missed the first time round a go. I tried a while ago with The Shield, didn’t get on with it at all gave it a good few episodes. Felt really dated and put me off going back watching older shows people had raved about.

This time I tried Life on Mars. 5 episodes in already and can’t stop watching. Brilliant series.

Back
Top Bottom