4k DVD player that is a worthwhile upgrade from an Xbox One S

Soldato
I have a One X and am mulling over whether to jump to a stand alone player. Is there is visible difference in image quality or any changes to audio? Or is it jsut a better interface?

Imagine quality is subtly better. Their image optimiser thing is quite a good feature too. I jumped in for.dolby vision mostly (is that now available on Xbox 4k blurays?). And also the player is much quieter than the Xbox. Interface is better too for film watching but that's a matter of preference.

Associate
Imagine quality is subtly better. Their image optimiser thing is quite a good feature too. I jumped in for.dolby vision mostly (is that now available on Xbox 4k blurays?). And also the player is much quieter than the Xbox. Interface is better too for film watching but that's a matter of preference.

Not sure on DV for the X as I have no DV media on disc. What TV do you have? Using an B8 OLED here and it does look great (my audio is handled by my Atmos setup). I'm probably going to leave moving dedicated for now unless there is a substantial difference.

Caporegime
The Oppo 203 was great but unfortunately it's end of life now and the ones on eBay are crazy money.

If you just want something to play discs without potential skipping issues and no problems with image processing then the player mentioned in the first reply is fine. If you want something that can pass Atmos and DTS:X from its USB port via remux files then it gets a little trickier.

Soldato
Not sure on DV for the X as I have no DV media on disc. What TV do you have? Using an B8 OLED here and it does look great (my audio is handled by my Atmos setup). I'm probably going to leave moving dedicated for now unless there is a substantial difference.

I have LG C7. Can't remember exact discs but I have 75-100 4k Blu-ray's and a number of them are DV rather than HDR10. Hooked straight into my Sony HT-ST5000 Atmos soundbar.

Back
Top Bottom