Iiyama GB3461WQSU-B1 - Flat 34" 1440 144HZ 1MS IPS Freesync for <£400

Associate
Just to add my two cents to the sample size. I got mine today (from OcUK).

I think I've been very lucky by the looks of things, no bad pixels, my IPS glow is pretty good (better than my Acer XR341CKs!) It is in pristine condition with no marks. Considering my usual run of luck with the panel lottery it's nice to finally have a decent one. Fingers crossed it lasts.

With regards to the packaging... It think it could be a little more substantial. I think it would be fine for pick up in a store, but once the more local couriers get their hands on it I feel like really bad treatment may have find the packaging slightly lacking. It's not that it's bad, it's just it isn't as good as Dell or the packaging my Acer came in. Bigger boxes, more polystyrene.

Dell are probably the best when it comes to that though.

Associate
Just come back from a walk and now have a new symptom after it came back from sleep:

IMG-20200522-224244.jpg

I was pretty happy that I had lucked out on dead pixels and backlight bleed but looked like I have an RMA in my very near future. Think I might leave this panel well alone after this haha.

Associate
Any thoughts on the packaging, folks? Do you think it is adequate?

Seemed more than adequate to me, however I guess it depends on what your delivery driver has done to it before handing it over. Felt solid and well padded with polystyrene. I guess if it gets thrown about in transit its prone to the panel moving or whatever rather than smashing as such but not sure what else they could in terms of packing from my unit.

In terms of other comments its clearly something that those of us who have been "lucky" so far will need to keep a close eye on things as clearly there are faults which are popping up even well after delivery so its going to be a case of paying very close attention to it over the next few days/weeks.

On a side note I mentioned earlier that the game I play 90% of the time, Starcraft 2, doesn't support 21:9 resolutions and I am amazed at how little it bothers me playing with black bars either side of the 16:9 image. I thought it would be infuriating but after about 5 seconds I dont even notice it. Clearly YMMV in that one though :) I did play GTA V in 3440 * 1440 for a bit and man is it lovely!

Last edited:
Associate
After reading about the waking up from sleep glitches and experiencing it myself I decided to look into it more. I set my monitor standby activation time to 1 minute and got testing.

Turned GPU scaling on and woke the display up 30 times. Got the half screen artifacting glitch once on try 4 and again on try 27.
Then I disabled GPU scaling. Doing so made the right half of the screen freeze. My desktop was still visible but the cursor disappeared when moved there and so did windows.
After turning it off and on again I went 30 standby awakenings without getting the half screen artifacting glitch. However, on try 29 the bottom most 3-4 rows of pixels glitched out.

So, no conclusive findings unfortunately. Maybe it matters how long the monitor remains in standby mode before waking up? I haven't noticed any issues arising from this sleep glitch after power cycling the monitor. I've played 3-4 different games over the past week and haven't had any glitches appear there either.

Not sure to be honest. That sleep issue doesn't really inspire confidence in the product, but as long as it doesn't deteriorate or start appearing during normal use I'm not too bothered. Might just risk it and keep it. At £400 it's pretty good value and with iiyama's 3 year warranty I feel like if it does crap out a year down the line I'll be covered.

Associate
I got up this morning and switched my PC on after being off all night, and went to get a drink came back a minute or two later to a blank screen and thought, oh wait Windows hadn't loaded properly. Tried moving mouse and pressing keys on keyboard but nothing so rather than simply reset I decided to check remote login on another PC and it showed up on that. Once I logged into it on another PC it woke up the monitor and it displayed windows. Very strange. I could understand it a bit if it was from sleep, but this was a cold start!

Associate
Just come back from a walk and now have a new symptom after it came back from sleep:

I was pretty happy that I had lucked out on dead pixels and backlight bleed but looked like I have an RMA in my very near future. Think I might leave this panel well alone after this haha.

Interesting, I had that exact problem on my old AOC monitor.

I found that changing the settings in the NV control panel used to fix it for me. Sometimes, I had to flip it back again.

fME6OuY.jpg

Caporegime
OP
Have asked for a poll to be created, is your monitor faulty? yes or no option.

Out of interest, the guys having problems that aren't related to backlight bleed and dead pixels, are you using nvidia GPUs? Wonder if there is a problem with nvidia GPUs and the "freesync" or perhaps a problem with the cable.....

Associate
Have asked for a poll to be created, is your monitor faulty? yes or no option.

Out of interest, the guys having problems that aren't related to backlight bleed and dead pixels, are you using nvidia GPUs? Wonder if there is a problem with nvidia GPUs and the "freesync" or perhaps a problem with the cable.....

I'm running at GTX 1080. Mine have been a mix of issues when waking from sleep and then just randomly at other points. I was in Windows just in a browser window (ironically typing in a thread regarding the monitor in the OCUK customer service forum) when the left hand side of the screen started to fuzz out completely before the whole screen completely blacked out after about a minute or so. Turning off and back on seemed to sort for a minute and then started glitching out again. I have gone back to my 10 year old 24" samsung P2450 which has been rock solid for many years on a passive DVI > DP cable.

Associate
Using a RTX 2060 and the only issue I have had is the wake from sleep issue where one half of the screen crapped out, switched it off and on and not happend again but definitely will be monitoring it closely.

Associate
That looks almost the same condition as the one that I returned.

Does the bezel fit in that right hand corner? The one I had was definitely out of alignment

The bezel does fit but the frame around the top bulges out between the two lit patches. Very similar damage to yours for sure, wondering if maybe heavy objects placed on the corner could be to blame?

Associate
Just gonna give my two cents about the split in the picture after wake (not artifacting - I've not experienced that) . Not seen that on the Iiyama but...

Both my Asus PG279Q (IPS) and my Acer Predator XB272 do the samething after waking up sometimes. For me it happens maybe once a month. I'm sure i looked this up years ago and there was a recall for those monitors back to manfacturer who then updated it sent it back to the customer.

A friend from work also suffers with same problem with his Acer Predator XB272 and freaked out thinking it was his new 2080TI FTW3. The quick work around (I know we shouldn't have to put up with it) is to switch the monitor back off and then on, if that doesn't work change the resolution (think someone already mentioned this). Hope that helps.

Packaging wise. I noticed when packing mine back up to RMA it (obviously missed this when unpacking the monitor like a kid at Christmas the first time), the screen was on the side of the outter box. The gap isn't great I feel. Although the corners have protective packaging, the screen just has a dust cover on it. The bottom protective piece was never removed from the box so I'm pretty sure I haven't packed it back up wrong or at least I've put it back as I received it.

I'm sure there is a reason (i'm no packing Guru ha!). My box had a large black curve mark on the outside (screenside) and a couple of dents on the corner. Another dent plus slight gap/hole on large flat side opposite screen side. I've seen worse, think the box should take a little light battering but who knows if that had any bearing on it.

Not heard back about the RMA yet (not bought from OCUK) but ordered something from OCUK and that's being delivered today by the same driver hehe. :eek:

Associate
Im glad I've not thrown the box and packaging away yet... only issue is the artefacting on half the screen coming out of standby, which I don't really want to RMA for and receive a refund. Id rather just put up with it as nothing else exists at this price and the screen itself is stunning.

So, do I vote as being faulty?

Associate
Im glad I've not thrown the box and packaging away yet... only issue is the artefacting on half the screen coming out of standby, which I don't really want to RMA for and receive a refund. Id rather just put up with it as nothing else exists at this price and the screen itself is stunning.

So, do I vote as being faulty?

I voted no and I have had that happen to me but guess it depends on how you are defining faulty as it happens with more monitors than just this one :)

Back
Top Bottom