Picked up my new car this weekend........955hp V10 Audi RS6! (HP figure updated 08/10/22)

Soldato
OP
One handed, whilst filming with his phone in the other hand and past traffic and THEN posting it on Youtube/Facebook to brag - Yeap, high IQ big brain driver there!

Caporegime
A: Yeap its a C7 RS6 , the newer 4L V8 one.
B: I'd guess it's still OEM but fitted with the 186mph limiter (very lose term) from the 600hp Performance version which has the power raised from 550hp and limiter increased from 155 to 186mph by Audi. That limiter does nothing BTW, the 155 limiter doesn't activate to 170+ on the stock car anyway, LOL Audi.

I put that guess of OEM Performance version down to the following - from the video below - the slowness of the acceleration from 60mph (when he boots it at 2 seconds) up to 200mph (52 seconds) where it's taken 50 seconds to go from 60-200mph with a very slow top end vs my car at only 735hp where I reach 206mph from standstill in just 36 seconds (vid on youtube), plus my top end swings around much faster than the cars in the videos suggesting my car had far more power to beat wind resistance than this did.

Just watch the acceleration difference between these two runs -

vs my 206mph run in Germany -

Wow! - I see that's standard (or mildly tweaked at best) compared to yours, bloody impressive, thanks for taking the time to post that. :)

As for the balls / stupidity (delete as applicable!) to hit 200+ well, I've had 44tons @ 95MPH ,once,but, I couldn't do that! ! ! :o :D

Maybe in my misspent youth mind.

Soldato
Soldato
*snip* I've had 44tons @ 95MPH ,once,but, I couldn't do that! ! ! :o :D

Now that's something! :D What did you use to do that, something like an R730? I mean, that speed and load compared to stopping a 2T car with big brakes from twice that.. I'd be more comfortable with the car every day. :p

I think the huge power in an estate is great. If you've got the money to do this stuff, why not. Epic fun.

Soldato
vs my 206mph run in Germany -

The fact that it whips through 1st gear as if you've blipped the throttle in neutral, and how it composes itself after squirming from 1st to 2nd before powering off and not starting to let up at all until it's way past 130 really shows just how much power is on tap. Crazy.

Soldato
OP
It's extremely rare that I use anything other "normal" throttle in first gear, especially from standstill, as it's just instant 4 wheel spin pretty much upto 30mph, which the ESP really hates when it senses the car's backend squirming that much even upto 80mph (TCS is off so it's not that 'flashing' on the dash, it's the ESP trying to hold the backend straight).

I reckon if I did it again (with the car back to 735hp) and I chose a few better "modes" in the various car settings I could've knock another few seconds off the total time. For example even with the TCS off I still left the ESP on which brakes each corner individually to keep the car straight scrubbing a little speed, I only used the "everyday driving" D mode on the Gearbox rather than the "Sport" mode and I used the softest "Comfort" setting on the suspension - basically I just rocked up with the car in "everyday" mode and booted it, no prep other than a tyre PX check.

Caporegime
Now that's something! :D What did you use to do that, something like an R730? I mean, that speed and load compared to stopping a 2T car with big brakes from twice that.. I'd be more comfortable with the car every day. :p

I think the huge power in an estate is great. If you've got the money to do this stuff, why not. Epic fun.
EBS (electronic braking system) trailer brake failure whilst travelling downhill (M5,Portishead - Clevedon area) pulling a low loader with an earth mover on the back, I was inbetween jobs and helping a mate out who runs an earthmoving business, I wasn't used to the weight differences in all honesty, entirely my bad , I said 44t, it was probably nearer 65t combined weight.
Basically the tail was wagging (or rather pushing) the dog as such and to have braked with just the tractors brakes would have resulted in a jack-knife, thankfully the road was quiet due to being late at night and I let it coast back down to a safer braking speed.

Probably one of THE heart-stopping moments in my truck driving years, teaches you to not let the rig run away on hills ever again!!!

It was an oldish 16litre V8 620 with a remap, probably ballpark 700Bhp ish / 2500 Lb/ft torque, it pulled loaded better than my more normal 450 pulls an empty!

Last edited:
Soldato
One handed, whilst filming with his phone in the other hand and past traffic and THEN posting it on Youtube/Facebook to brag - Yeap, high IQ big brain driver there!

I wonder if he was smart enough to remove his plates. There are cameras everywhere in the UK so one must have picked them up.

Man of Honour
The fact that it whips through 1st gear as if you've blipped the throttle in neutral, and how it composes itself after squirming from 1st to 2nd before powering off and not starting to let up at all until it's way past 130 really shows just how much power is on tap. Crazy.

Not to mention 158mph in a standing half mile and 194mph in a mile.

Having been in the RS6 at one of the Southern meets it feels amazing tame for the power available. An R35 GTR feels much more savage with circa 300hp less

Soldato
OP
Can a CCTV camera even pick up your plates if you're going that fast? Genuine question - I have no idea.

The camera doesn't have to catch his Reg when he's speeding, he'll be on numerous camera's and on ANPR when at much lower speeds so they've just got to track him first. I posted this on PH -

You've a known small stretch of road (M-Plod can tell you exactly where it happened - North-bound M23 just after J9 apparently) passing a distinctive vehicle (the HGV carrying a large 'concrete' structure or sign on the back) in a small window of the day (12 hrs at most 8am to 8-pm but most likely in the afternoon rather than morning looking at the shadows) to watch say 30-60 "tapes" on fast forward until you see that HGV at that section of the M23. Then trace the tapes backwards/forwards until you get a nice clear shot of the Audi plate (possible ANPR once time/date known) and maybe even view more tapes (APNR maybe) to track the cars journey from start to finish. All about 8hrs of police work at absolute most.

Associate
The camera doesn't have to catch his Reg when he's speeding, he'll be on numerous camera's and on ANPR when at much lower speeds so they've just got to track him first. I posted this on PH -

You've a known small stretch of road (M-Plod can tell you exactly where it happened - North-bound M23 just after J9 apparently) passing a distinctive vehicle (the HGV carrying a large 'concrete' structure or sign on the back) in a small window of the day (12 hrs at most 8am to 8-pm but most likely in the afternoon rather than morning looking at the shadows) to watch say 30-60 "tapes" on fast forward until you see that HGV at that section of the M23. Then trace the tapes backwards/forwards until you get a nice clear shot of the Audi plate (possible ANPR once time/date known) and maybe even view more tapes (APNR maybe) to track the cars journey from start to finish. All about 8hrs of police work at absolute most.

Well I certainly hope they catch the idiot! More than happy for my taxes to go towards catching fools who drive like this. There are places for driving at those speeds are allowed, like race tracks and test facilities for V-max tests. Even then I wouldn’t be filming it or driving with one hand.

Soldato
OP
There are places for driving at those speeds are allowed, like race tracks and test facilities for V-max tests.

Thats a common misconception but sadly there really isn't in the UK.

There's no track/V-Max event here with a long enough bit of track (at least 2-3 mile straight) to be able to do 200mph in that car and then slow down again. Hell mine at 740hp did 200mph in just under 1.5 miles and there STILL isn't any tracks/airfields in the UK where I could do that and slow back to zero safely, as nothing here is both long enough for both the acceleration and braking AND is available to the public, hence having to go to Germany to do 200mph legally.

Associate

that southbound comin off the copthorne roundabout - he hits 200 just by the pease pottage servivces turn off sign
https://www.google.com/maps/@51.130...4!1su3KdcFia97I7v4J2b-c-Ig!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

https://www.google.com/maps/@51.099...4!1s8jJgmFmHFKzgqd5EdqAGiw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656 - 53s into the vid

northbound from that area theres roadworks everywhere (smart motorway crap)

Back
Top Bottom