Iiyama GB3461WQSU-B1 - Flat 34" 1440 144HZ 1MS IPS Freesync for <£400

Associate
Hey guys,

I'm new here and I just would like some advice. Eventually I am going to buy an Xbox One X . Trouble is, I cannot find a suitable monitor. I want one that's not too big or too small, somewhere around the 34" mark, but I cannot find one with the suitable specs that I need. I've heard that the refresh rate is really important not so much the response time? Ideally, I would like one that's at 144hz with a 1ms refresh rate but I can't seem to find that, they're mainly at 60hz or at 4ms? I am really stuck lol

Associate
Hey guys,

I'm new here and I just would like some advice. Eventually I am going to buy an Xbox One X . Trouble is, I cannot find a suitable monitor. I want one that's not too big or too small, somewhere around the 34" mark, but I cannot find one with the suitable specs that I need. I've heard that the refresh rate is really important not so much the response time? Ideally, I would like one that's at 144hz with a 1ms refresh rate but I can't seem to find that, they're mainly at 60hz or at 4ms? I am really stuck lol

Well the XBOX One X can output at upto 120Hz and also has support for 1440p but only at an aspect ratio of 16:9, so 2560*1440. An UW monitor like this would display with black bars at either side of the image so not ideal for xbox gaming. Also, just because it can technically output the resolution and frame rate doesnt mean it will be that simple in reality as it will depend on individual titles in terms of compatabilty and the performance required to hit 1440p @ 120Hz isnt exactly insignificant so not all games are going to be able to perform at that level. I would say that an ultrawide monitor like this one though wouldnt be the best suited given that only 16:9 resolutions are supported.

Associate
Im glad I've not thrown the box and packaging away yet... only issue is the artefacting on half the screen coming out of standby, which I don't really want to RMA for and receive a refund. Id rather just put up with it as nothing else exists at this price and the screen itself is stunning.

So, do I vote as being faulty?

I voted yes based on the half screen artifacting issues (and split panel offseting) but then I have had it not just when coming from standby, either working in Windows or in a game. Turning the screen off and on again seems to temporarily sort it but it really makes me distrust the monitor. I know £400 is a reasonable cost for the specs of this screen but it is still £400 for a product that seems to have issues doing its primary task!

Caporegime
OP
I voted yes based on the half screen artifacting issues (and split panel offseting) but then I have had it not just when coming from standby, either working in Windows or in a game. Turning the screen off and on again seems to temporarily sort it but it really makes me distrust the monitor. I know £400 is a reasonable cost for the specs of this screen but it is still £400 for a product that seems to have issues doing its primary task!

I would be RMA'ing that ASAP.

Screen could cost £100 and it still shouldn't be doing that....

Associate
I would be RMA'ing that ASAP.

Screen could cost £100 and it still shouldn't be doing that....

Yeah, I am. I am a little sad as when it was working, it was great but I have 0 trust in it (it is already boxed back up) and given the responses to this thread, I wouldn't be buying another even if they were in stock!

Associate
Can't get G-Sync to work.

I've enabled everything and it pops up on the screen saying "G-SYNC ON" but then stutters or screen tears.

I know it's a freesync panel, but should work with my 2070.

UFO test says it's working but DOTA 2 is definitely not smooth.

Caporegime
OP
Yeah, I am. I am a little sad as when it was working, it was great but I have 0 trust in it (it is already boxed back up) and given the responses to this thread, I wouldn't be buying another even if they were in stock!

Yup I was going to play the RMA game but if the one I get has problems, it'll just be going back for a refund, that and I doubt many places will be stocking these for much longer anyway.

Shame as I really need a monitor with more screen real estate but I refuse to pay the extortionate prices for the other 34" 1440 144HZ monitors, they aren't worth double the price, guess the only option is just to keep my eye on the MM, probably best as at least that way you know it has been tested and can see photos of backlight bleed etc.

Iiyama really have messed up here, they could have been onto a winner and brought the monitor market back to a somewhat sensible market :(

Associate
Can't get G-Sync to work.

I've enabled everything and it pops up on the screen saying "G-SYNC ON" but then stutters or screen tears.

I know it's a freesync panel, but should work with my 2070.

UFO test says it's working but DOTA 2 is definitely not smooth.

Have you go it set up like this?

https://i.imgur.com/wOZk1mb.jpg

And have you set vsync on in the nvidia control and off in the game as that seems work best?

Associate
Can't get G-Sync to work and I'm also getting the issue where half the screen flickers. If I reboot the PC and/or turn the monitor off and on again, it solves it but......bit worrying.

Associate
So far, I've only got the split screen flickering issue when I play around with the Freesync/Gsync settings.

I think I've dialled it in now, so I'm going to leave it as is and see if I get any more problems.

I do have some orange IPS glow from the bottom left, but I can deal with that, it's not huge.

EDIT: Unticking V-sync in Rocket League sent the screen flickering on the right hand half again...hmmmmmm

Soldato
Only issue ive come across with mine is last night during gaming I needed to alt-tab out every now and then.
Twice the right side of the screen remained black whilst the left displayed fine. Alt-tabbing again or on/off button sorted it.

Bit strange but not a deal breaker.

Associate
Only issue ive come across with mine is last night during gaming I needed to alt-tab out every now and then.
Twice the right side of the screen remained black whilst the left displayed fine. Alt-tabbing again or on/off button sorted it.

Bit strange but not a deal breaker.

Yeah, I get the same thing. Not sure why this happens. Wonder if there is a fix.

Back
Top Bottom