Iiyama GB3461WQSU-B1 - Flat 34" 1440 144HZ 1MS IPS Freesync for <£400

Soldato
Gutted, already emailed about a return. Looks like it shattered during manufacture or something. No damage to box or to the monitor itself.

Jaysus :eek:
Starting to think there was no QC on these monitors and I just got lucky.
Half tempted just to return it out of principle. (Not bought from ocuk mind)

Caporegime
OP
k7Nq1fc.jpg

Gutted, already emailed about a return. Looks like it shattered during manufacture or something. No damage to box or to the monitor itself.

Jesus christ........

I would say that the monitor could still crack if dropped, even if there is no damage to the box, it doesn't take much force to break any type of display.

Maybe it's time monitor manufacturers/etailers have a word with couriers.

Caporegime
OP
Must admit though, kind of looking forward to the **** show that mine will be when it arrives as I am not blessed with hardware luck at all :D

Associate
Must admit though, kind of looking forward to the **** show that mine will be when it arrives as I am not blessed with hardware luck at all :D

Lol, i've just got this image of only a stand in the box.

I hope it works out fella. I am tempted to ask for a refund come Tuesday tho. :)

Caporegime
k7Nq1fc.jpg

Umm holy pototoes, that's insane

Jesus christ........

I would say that the monitor could still crack if dropped, even if there is no damage to the box, it doesn't take much force to break any type of display.

Maybe it's time monitor manufacturers/etailers have a word with couriers.

to my mind that looks like a very hefty impact on the right hand side and the screen just crazed from there. :(

I had two Acer X34P's arrive from Amazon with panel damage as well. I saw one guy take the Monitor out of his van and while he wasn't mega, super careful he didn't drop it or anything but how the guys on shipping to the airport or dockside, putting them onto the Plane/Container and off again at their destination and then once they get to the warehouse I don't know. I can't imagine anyone but the actual Courier to your house takes a huge amount of care. No one will ever trace damage to Gung Koo at the China docks where they were dropped off a pallet and then put back on when he took the corner too fast in his Forklift or they weren't secured in the container properly in some rough seas and crashed against the container wall and back again 22 times on the way to the UK.

Associate

Im usually glass half empty as I very rarely have any luck with hardware either but fingers crossed mine is great, OK Ive had a couple of the half screen glitches but it fixed itself easily and Ive had no other issues (yet!) so heres hoping that your luck changes :)

Associate
Have annoyingly got this split screen issue on startup as well a couple of times. The right hand side of the screen is just the windows logo and the left is the desktop...fingers crossed there's some firmware update I can get.

Associate
Have annoyingly got this split screen issue on startup as well a couple of times. The right hand side of the screen is just the windows logo and the left is the desktop...fingers crossed there's some firmware update I can get.

My old Korean 27" 1440p IPS that I got YEARS ago when they were crazy bargains compared to prices here had an issue where it would sometimes just display artefact lines all over the display when switched on, had to switch on and off a few times sometimes to get it to work but it always eventually worked. It has lasted over 6 or 7 years at this point (EDIT JUST CHECKED THE OLD THREAD AND IT WAS 2012 SO OVER 8 YEARS NOW!) and its been great otherwise. Guess what I mean is that an annoying issue like we are experiencing, but is easily fixed, might not necessarily mean any long term issue in terms of day to day usage. Plus it has a 3yr warranty so there is a reasonable piece of mind from the perspective.

**EDIT**

Just realised that as the monitor came in the prepacked iiyama box and no OCUK packing I never got any free haribo. I officially feel robbed! OK maybe not given the free delivery but still ;)

Last edited:
Associate
My yamakasi catleap 27" was shipped from Korea and arrived fully working.
It's interesting that most of the issues with this iiyama seem to be affecting the right hand side of the panel.

Caporegime
I must admit the two X34P's were the first time I'd ever had any DOA tech at all. An old KFA GTX780 6GB died a few months into warranty but generally I've been lucky.

Associate
My yamakasi catleap 27" was shipped from Korea and arrived fully working.
It's interesting that most of the issues with this iiyama seem to be affecting the right hand side of the panel.

Yeah those things were amazing value. I got the PCBank one and its still pretty much perfect. Only issue that its only got a DVI-DL connector so GPUs with that connection are very rare now, partly why I got my 2060 Founders Edition as it had one on it. One of the best purchases I ever made in terms of PC tech.

Associate
My old Korean 27" 1440p IPS that I got YEARS ago when they were crazy bargains compared to prices here had an issue where it would sometimes just display artefact lines all over the display when switched on, had to switch on and off a few times sometimes to get it to work but it always eventually worked. It has lasted over 6 or 7 years at this point and its been great otherwise. Guess what I mean is that an annoying issue like we are experiencing, but is easily fixed, might not necessarily mean any long term issue in terms of day to day usage. Plus it has a 3yr warranty so there is a reasonable piece of mind from the perspective.

**EDIT**

Just realised that as the monitor came in the prepacked iiyama box and no OCUK packing I never got any free haribo. I officially feel robbed! OK maybe not given the free delivery but still ;)

Yeah could be worse. Still not ideal for a new monitor. Might email iiyama to see what they say about it.

Associate
Yeah those things were amazing value. I got the PCBank one and its still pretty much perfect. Only issue that its only got a DVI-DL connector so GPUs with that connection are very rare now, partly why I got my 2060 Founders Edition as it had one on it. One of the best purchases I ever made in terms of PC tech.

I have still got my catleap and it also only has the DVI connector. It was a fantastic screen for the price.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
@LiE - I saw in another thread you bought the Alienware AW3420DW, have you received that yet? what's that been like?

I keep bouncing around different monitors. I did order the AW3420DW but when I saw this I cancelled. I'm waiting for B550 motherboards before I put a new PC together and I'll get a monitor then as getting it now would mean I can't test it fully. I'm leaning towards the LG 34GN850 now, I just don't like the price.

Back
Top Bottom