• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Turing RTX 2080 Ti Owners Thread

Caporegime
That’s the attention span of most individuals now I’m afraid. See the listing at a low price, bid on it without reading anything on the listing.

That being said it’s pretty easy to pull out of a winning eBay bid. If it’s been posted on somewhere like Reddit people will bid on it just for the lulz and to troll the seller.

Soldato
I asked a little while ago on here and wondering if anything has changed since. The noise from my card is a bit annoying and I'd like to make it less so, while also dropping the temps. Are there better AiO water cooling options available now? At the time there was the Kraken G12 but that didn't cool all the VRM I believe? People would hack it a little bit to get it to work but I was never interested in doing that.

I have a Gigabyte card for what it's worth.

Soldato
I asked a little while ago on here and wondering if anything has changed since. The noise from my card is a bit annoying and I'd like to make it less so, while also dropping the temps. Are there better AiO water cooling options available now? At the time there was the Kraken G12 but that didn't cool all the VRM I believe? People would hack it a little bit to get it to work but I was never interested in doing that.

I have a Gigabyte card for what it's worth.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....2080-ti-xc-xc2-fe-hs-00b-ea.html?template=amp

The only thing is if it fits. As I know some of the gigabytes have a slightly different pcb design to FE. See if your card is in the compatibility list for 2080Ti FE EKWB waterblock and if it is then it will fit otherwise possibly not.

https://www.ekwb.com/configurator/

Soldato
bums, my card does not appear to be on that list which is a shame :(

I had one preordered and I cancelled as I found out unfortunately the gigabyte cards are ever so slightly different, it’s one single Fan connector I believe that’s in the wrong place. So a block/AIO would fit if you machined/cut out a hole for it or removed the connector entirely.

In this reddit post seems you could desolder the pins or cut about 2mm off the connector pins to get a block/AIO to fit while still being fully functional. Or just bend them slightly and bend them straight if you ever needed to RMA/sell the card.

https://www.reddit.com/r/watercooli...ing_for_water_block_for_gigabyte_rtx_2080_ti/

Caporegime
One thing I wouldn't be doing is messing around with a £1000+ card with the risk of ****ing it up installing an AiO on it!! Instead I prefer to do a little thing called 'research' and make sure the one I buy isn't a noisy little ******* when Summer comes ;) :D :p

Soldato
One thing I wouldn't be doing is messing around with a £1000+ card with the risk of ****ing it up installing an AiO on it!! Instead I prefer to do a little thing called 'research' and make sure the one I buy isn't a noisy little ******* when Summer comes ;) :D :p

Yeah not something I would personally do either unless the card was that noisy. Although I’d just mill a chunk out the block than risk the card itself far more cost effective :p, or as you say go with EVGA if you plan to WC. Don’t even think gigabyte allow cooler removal anymore.

Associate
Has anyone had much bad luck with reference PCB cards as of late?
Bought an EVGA XC Ultra last year and I'm currently in the process of getting my 4th card.

First began artifacting after a week
Second had a knackered fan controller from the get go (Wasn't new, was a "tested" refurb)
Third started artifacting at stock clocks just last week but was fine if memory was underclocked.

Am I just unlucky?

Soldato
Has anyone had much bad luck with reference PCB cards as of late?
Bought an EVGA XC Ultra last year and I'm currently in the process of getting my 4th card.

First began artifacting after a week
Second had a knackered fan controller from the get go (Wasn't new, was a "tested" refurb)
Third started artifacting at stock clocks just last week but was fine if memory was underclocked.

Am I just unlucky?

In short yes :p

I have an XC ultra and haven’t had a single issue with it since day one, over a year old now. Also have had a couple FE’s and didn’t have any issues with those either.

Associate
In short yes :p

I have an XC ultra and haven’t had a single issue with it since day one, over a year old now. Also have had a couple FE’s and didn’t have any issues with those either.

********. Fourth time’s the charm then eh?
Not too impressed with EVGA if I’m completely honest. Did manage to get them to pay for the return shipping though..

Associate
I know this is an old thread but I have bought a palit gaming pro oc that is boosting to 1920mhz & 1750mhz. Will this be a custom bios? Specs say 1650mhz and 1400mhz

Associate
1920mhz & 1750mhz. Will this be a custom bios? Specs say 1650mhz and 1400mhz

Could be. if you're not running afterburner or something, that's going pretty fast. how's it running in on 3dmark? does it make it through? is the stock blower cooler on there or an aftermarket like the Accelero or water cooling?

EDIT: Should note that I put a palit bios onto my PNY to make it go faster when boosting.

Last edited:
Associate
Could be. if you're not running afterburner or something, that's going pretty fast. how's it running in on 3dmark? does it make it through? is the stock blower cooler on there or an aftermarket like the Accelero or water cooling?

It's the stock cooler and only installed thundermaster to keep an eye on temps etc.
https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/50354089

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom