Bricked my ASROCK extreme 4 need replacment

Soldato
So I am an idiot tried to update my bios and it’s fried the motherboard, I had ASRock Z77 Extreme4 Intel Z77 So.1155 Dual Channel DDR3 ATX brought second hand the pc all ready to go from the members market components as follows:

Processor i7 2600k
16GB (2x 8GB) Crucial Ballistix Elite PC3-14900
H100i V2 cooler
Samsung 256GB 830 SSD
Corsair CXM 650W PSU
NZXT S340 + Bitfenix Spectre fan
Radeon RX590 PCI Express gfx

I also have extra ram so need 4 banks

could anyone suggest a replacement motherboard please?

Last edited:
Soldato
Bios update froze half way, restarted and everything works just no post screen so can’t do anything!

Have you tried contacting Asrock support? They've been known to send out replacement BIOS chips no questions asked. Failing that, you can get them on ebay for less than a tenner. Obviously you need to be confident to pull and replace a socketed chip.

Soldato
new chip,fixed it

Congrats on the cheap fix. In the old days before emergency USB flashbacks, you put the new chip in very loosely, boot the system, then (while live) take the new chip out, put the old one back in, and then try and reflash to get the old chip back as a spare.

Or, so as not to break something else, you might want to leave well enough alone! Thanks for coming back and updating the thread, it's always interesting to see how someone got on.

Back
Top Bottom