Selling a stupid large amount of Lego - Suggestions?

Associate
Hi all,

Apologies if this is not allowed but does anyone have suggestions on clearing out a large volume of Lego whilst generating some cash?

I've tried MusicMagpie and the usual sites along with a listing on the 'bay but I don't seem to be having much luck, most buyers seem to be from further a field and to ship them it'd cost about £80 for a pallet and packaging (We are dealing with a 48l box, a 20l box and several 500ml boxes). It's a shame as although I can't guarantee it there is a high likelyhood their are complete sets in the boxes (Estimated 12 but definitely more)

Does anyone have any suggestions on where I might find the right audience for the Lego in question as overall I haven't had much luck so far :)

Associate
OP
Bricklink.
Thank you for the suggestion, looks like they are looking for sets or part categories so I might have to do sifting to list on there :)

Not to sure really, local ads no good for you bud? If you wasn't up north I'd have these for my little boy he's lego mad :p
FB Market and Gumtree are active up here but after getting an offer for £40 I've been left a bit disheartened :eek: to be honest it sucks as everyone interested so far is ever further north or down south :D

Soldato
EBay? Like houses you probably need to accept its not worth what you think it is....if it's rare and high value go for but it now.. If it's valuable but common auction it....

Associate
OP
EBay? Like houses you probably need to accept its not worth what you think it is....if it's rare and high value go for but it now.. If it's valuable but common auction it....
Currently got a listing up but I just don't seem to be getting the interest, you are definitely right about it not being worth what I think it is but I feel like it should be at least £100+ as there's over 48l of Lego :)

Caporegime
legos awesome, maybe try the members market of these forums? assuming your have access

lego surely fits in to the "tech" section ;)

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Ability to sell depends on condition, which means you will need to sort them into their own original packaging and list individually to maximise resale.

My assumption is you do not have these, so your next best option is to sort them all into as many separate complete sets as you have, bag them in decent zip lock bags or something which looks OK, take pictures and throw them on ebay/gumtree including a screenshot of the actual item from the lego shop.

12 potentially complete sets at £10-15 a piece will get you closer to the values you're after, still... prepare for it to be a slow sales process.

Associate
really you need them in sets to have a chance to make much cash. if you are sorting through that much though it will likely be more time than its worth really. I would probably give it as a job for your kid to do and give them a share of the profits (assuming you have one, and if not then you're a monster for not being more careful with your own lego)

filling up units of time for kids is a good thing currently now also :)

Soldato
Unless it's got a factory seal on, or is stupidly rare, you won't get much for it second hand I'm afraid.

We had a giant box of lego worth over £50, brand new, but one of the bags had been opened. Never got much interest on ebay.

Associate
OP
Ability to sell depends on condition, which means you will need to sort them into their own original packaging and list individually to maximise resale.
My assumption is you do not have these, so your next best option is to sort them all into as many separate complete sets as you have, bag them in decent zip lock bags or something which looks OK, take pictures and throw them on ebay/gumtree including a screenshot of the actual item from the lego shop.
12 potentially complete sets at £10-15 a piece will get you closer to the values you're after, still... prepare for it to be a slow sales process.
For about 6 I do actually have the boxes and manuals so I could probably sort them given the time and patience. I just thought I might be able to get away with s straight sale
really you need them in sets to have a chance to make much cash. if you are sorting through that much though it will likely be more time than its worth really. I would probably give it as a job for your kid to do and give them a share of the profits (assuming you have one, and if not then you're a monster for not being more careful with your own lego)
filling up units of time for kids is a good thing currently now also :)
I'm a monster for not being careful :D
Unless it's got a factory seal on, or is stupidly rare, you won't get much for it second hand I'm afraid.
We had a giant box of lego worth over £50, brand new, but one of the bags had been opened. Never got much interest on ebay.
Damn that sucks, I always thought even mixed pieces held their value
You need to upload pics for us to see! You can’t talk about Lego without showing us you tease lol.
Here it goes :D
imgur.com/a/2leef

Soldato
Yeah you definitely need to seperate in to sets as others have said. There are sets I'd buy if I saw them come up online but I wouldn't be interested in buying random job lots with who knows what in. Sorry, sounds unhelpful but just think you'll struggle to sell as unsorted sets.

Back
Top Bottom