Home alarm system

JRJ

JRJ

Associate
I've avoided starting a new thread on this topic previously and just posted in other threads but all the info is a bit scattered.

I need to get the alarm system sorted this week so I can finish boarding one side of the house ready for the plasterer, at the moment I'm able to hard wire an alarm in and hide all the cables.

I've been pretty set on the Texecom Premier elite

https://www.alertelectrical.com/tex...em-with-diamond-white-flush-mount-keypad.html

The Yale smart alarm seems to get a lot of mentions on here but that's similarly priced to the Texecom.

Anyone with recommendations?

Caporegime
Can that ping your phone? Otherwise get a yale smart alarm.

Seriously a smart alarm is 100 times better.

If I forget to out the alarm on I can do it using my phone and the phone reminds me automatically ive left the house without putting the alarm on.

Associate
Texecom premier elite is a much better alarm

Just get the WiFi module and you will have phone control and alerts

oh and spec yourself the stainless steel key pad if you are feeling fancy

Associate
I've got the texecom premier elite 64-w with a hardwired keypad, some wireless detectors but mainly wired in using expanders. I've also got the smartcom module that sends me alerts to my mobile but also allows me to program the panel from my computer. Was bit of a pfaff getting it connected to my wireless due to 40mhz channel spacing on the router but sorted that and works great. I'm just trying to find the wireless door/shock combi detector for the front and patio doors, and also another keypad for the garage so I can set the garage seperately from the house and not have to worry about having to run into the house when i open the garage, just just disarm from there. Really good system. I would recommend a hardwired alarm and I use 8 core for the detectors just for future proofing.

JRJ

JRJ

Associate
OP
Texecom premier elite is a much better alarm

Just get the WiFi module and you will have phone control and alerts

oh and spec yourself the stainless steel key pad if you are feeling fancy

Going for the diamond white flush keypad if I go with the Texecom.

JRJ

JRJ

Associate
OP
I've got the texecom premier elite 64-w with a hardwired keypad, some wireless detectors but mainly wired in using expanders. I've also got the smartcom module that sends me alerts to my mobile but also allows me to program the panel from my computer. Was bit of a pfaff getting it connected to my wireless due to 40mhz channel spacing on the router but sorted that and works great. I'm just trying to find the wireless door/shock combi detector for the front and patio doors, and also another keypad for the garage so I can set the garage seperately from the house and not have to worry about having to run into the house when i open the garage, just just disarm from there. Really good system. I would recommend a hardwired alarm and I use 8 core for the detectors just for future proofing.

This sounds a lot like what I want, the link I put in the first post doesn't quite fit my needs but gives me something to work off. When I put together a system outside of the bundles the price flies up, the 24w linked only does 2 Zones and I'd ideally like 3 plus an extra keypad or just a tag reader in the garage for the same situation you describe.

Where did you get your system from?

Associate
Have a look at the standard premier 24 panel and add a 32xp-w. This will give you both wired and wireless zones. They also do a wireless plug module that you can use for lamps etc. For instance I have a pir in my lounge that turns the lamp on for a set time when the alarm is unset. You need the smartcom to be able to make recipes if you’re going to look at going down that route but as said it’s needed to get the app on your phone anyway

JRJ

JRJ

Associate
OP
Have a look at the standard premier 24 panel and add a 32xp-w. This will give you both wired and wireless zones. They also do a wireless plug module that you can use for lamps etc. For instance I have a pir in my lounge that turns the lamp on for a set time when the alarm is unset. You need the smartcom to be able to make recipes if you’re going to look at going down that route but as said it’s needed to get the app on your phone anyway

Thanks @pommy02 I'll take a look, putting my own kit together seems to be the better option but don't want forget anything.

Associate
Post it on here before you click buy and I’ll give it a once over. Do recommend going for at least the dt version of the pir though

JRJ

JRJ

Associate
OP
Post it on here before you click buy and I’ll give it a once over. Do recommend going for at least the dt version of the pir though

Brilliant cheers, are you an alarm fitter?

I was looking at the DT version earlier but couldn't find any info or pictures as to their profile on the ceiling, they'd definitely be a better choice for me in the hall, landing and garage.

Associate
Search for AFG-0001. That’s the type I meant. From what you said though I suspect you’re looking at AFW-0001. They are 113mm wide and 30mm deep. They are the same pretty much just depends if you’re happy on the ceiling. We normally use them in more commercials than domestics

Associate
This sounds a lot like what I want, the link I put in the first post doesn't quite fit my needs but gives me something to work off. When I put together a system outside of the bundles the price flies up, the 24w linked only does 2 Zones and I'd ideally like 3 plus an extra keypad or just a tag reader in the garage for the same situation you describe.

Where did you get your system from?

I got my kit from the wholesaler. Mate is an security engineer and i've worked with him for 10+ years so have a lot of experience in it all. Here's a list of the kit i've got.

Texecom Premier Elite 64-w panel
2x 8xp Expanders
1x Wired keypad (currently looking for another one)
2x wireless DT PIR's
2x Premier Elite PW PIR's
5x Premier Elite DT PIR's
1x Smartconnect module
Further upgrades will be 2x Micro contact & Impaq sensors and maybe a wireless smart remote but not necessary.

I also have the ability to use fobs which I do, but only for family, friends that house sit get their own code to track who's been and when.

The keypads have 2 zones that can be programmed so on the 24 you would have 2 zones on the panel, a network connection between panel and keypad and a further 2 zones on the keypad. You can also install an 8xp expander which has network in from panel, network out to keypad and has 8 extra zones on the expander. I've not bothered with the option for controlling lights or anything yet, not made the move to a fully smart home yet.

JRJ

JRJ

Associate
OP
I got my kit from the wholesaler. Mate is an security engineer and i've worked with him for 10+ years so have a lot of experience in it all. Here's a list of the kit i've got.

Texecom Premier Elite 64-w panel
2x 8xp Expanders
1x Wired keypad (currently looking for another one)
2x wireless DT PIR's
2x Premier Elite PW PIR's
5x Premier Elite DT PIR's
1x Smartconnect module
Further upgrades will be 2x Micro contact & Impaq sensors and maybe a wireless smart remote but not necessary.

I also have the ability to use fobs which I do, but only for family, friends that house sit get their own code to track who's been and when.

The keypads have 2 zones that can be programmed so on the 24 you would have 2 zones on the panel, a network connection between panel and keypad and a further 2 zones on the keypad. You can also install an 8xp expander which has network in from panel, network out to keypad and has 8 extra zones on the expander. I've not bothered with the option for controlling lights or anything yet, not made the move to a fully smart home yet.

Very helpful cheers @[Darkend]Viper I popped this up on another DIY forum and got recommended starting with the https://www.cctvcentral.co.uk/texec...-w-wireless-kit-86-wired-keypad-kit-0086.html looks like this is what you've done? this has 4 wired connections and then built in wireless, sell off the compact PW PIR's and replace with DT and add the extra keypad and smartcom.

JRJ

JRJ

Associate
OP
Search for AFG-0001. That’s the type I meant. From what you said though I suspect you’re looking at AFW-0001. They are 113mm wide and 30mm deep. They are the same pretty much just depends if you’re happy on the ceiling. We normally use them in more commercials than domestics

Yes just realised there's also wall mounted DT only the ceiling ones came up when I initially searched.

JRJ

JRJ

Associate
OP
Cornered a guy servicing our work alarms this morning, and he posed the question why wasn't I using Texecom smoke alarms and integrating it with the alarm, anyone got experience with this?
I had an earlier thread which recommended Aico alarms, but it looks like the Texecom off the alarm would be considerably cheaper.

Associate
If you've got the spare zones on the texe and the app set up they're great. If you have to have smoke alarms installed as a building regs requirement they don't meet the generally specified grade whereas the mains powered Aico's do.

JRJ

JRJ

Associate
OP
If you've got the spare zones on the texe and the app set up they're great. If you have to have smoke alarms installed as a building regs requirement they don't meet the generally specified grade whereas the mains powered Aico's do.

Ah that's a shame I'd need them for building regs.

Associate
In that case stick with the Aico's but have a look at the relay base they do. You could wire the base into a spare zone on the panel so you still get a notification on your phone if your'e not in?

Back
Top Bottom