Favorite Ice Cream?

Caporegime
I can make my own gelato and I have, any flavour, any combination, any kind that I want.

There is something to be said about freshly made ice-cream, not made then frozen to set it. That step often add crystallisation into the ice-cream which causes it to be more corse in texture and thus less creamy.

Sure there are lots of flavours and ingredients but to judge what is the BEST ice-cream, you have to strip it all back, hide behind nothing, don't hide behind chocolate chucks pieces or fancy toppings. Simply vanilla on a cone.

To that, it is Cremia in Japan, ice-cream made from the milk from Hokkaido. It is like nothing else you have ever tasted simply because the milk it is made from has different fat content than your average dairy cow. The ice-cream is smooth yet weirdly dense but not heavy. It coats your tongue with the fat from it just for a brief moment after you swallow it, lingers just long enough until you have the next bite. It gets really close in terms of balance of soft but soft not because it is whipped full of air like most soft serve you get, it is soft because of its ingredients.

It is simply delectable. Words cannot do it justice.

Psb5G2S.jpg

Soldato
Neapolitan wrapped in cardboard when I was poor! Come on man; three flavours in one.
On the special occasion? Here's a scoop of vanilla with cream soda poured over it.
Less poor and a tub of mint choc chip became the king!
Then at a swanky restaurant on Southhampton Row in the mid eighties i was offered a cup of pistachio ice cream!

Today? Eh, praline and cream.

Soldato
Ben & Jerrys Chocolate Fudge Brownie

giphy.gif

Soldato
Theres an awesome gelato shop in Sorrento down one of the narrow lanes in town and they do a creamy lemon made from the local lemons which are everywhere hanging off trees along the streets. It was so good I visited that shop almost daily when I was there

Associate
In order of preference:

1. Mr. Whippy
2. HG Cookie Dough
3. Mars / Snickers ice cream bars
4. Kelly's Cornish Vanilla
5. Or then anything Banana tasting lol

Back
Top Bottom