iPhone to Android Whatsapp chat transfer?

Associate
Hi guys, I'm switching over to an Android phone and was wondering if I can transfer my whatsapp chats? I have backed up the chats in whatsapp, but it only lets me back them up to iCloud and not Google Drive. I have tried using a phone transfer programme (Fonelab) but that is not picking up my complete phone backup for some reason. My iphone is the 4S model, and I can't get the Google Drive app on it (it's not compatible apparently). So far I've been able to move my contacts over to the new phone.

Soldato
I’m not even bothering anymore.

tried to install things like OneDrive, OneNote etc. And won’t allow any of that due to my work related policies. As I have installed outlook for my work emails.

no good at all if I cannot use OneDrive

Soldato
I successfully transferred Whatsapp from an S8+ to an iPhone XS max using backuptrans. It takes a little while, but it completed successfully and I have my years of history on my iPhone now.

I also did the same for my partner going from her Android phone to an iPhone too. Backuptrans can make the transfer in both directions.

Associate
Hi guys, I'm switching over to an Android phone and was wondering if I can transfer my whatsapp chats? I have backed up the chats in whatsapp, but it only lets me back them up to iCloud and not Google Drive. I have tried using a phone transfer programme (Fonelab) but that is not picking up my complete phone backup for some reason. My iphone is the 4S model, and I can't get the Google Drive app on it (it's not compatible apparently). So far I've been able to move my contacts over to the new phone.

How to Transfer Whatsapp Messages from Android to iPhone (And Backup and Restore WhatsApp Messages

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCwF77-umJU

Hope it helps

Last edited:
Soldato
Managed to do it with wazzap migrator. Worked absolutely fine. Always dubious about these so called paid apps. But for £4.99. It did exactly what I needed. Moved everything from WhatsApp iOS to Samsung.

Associate
hows it work if you have gone from iphone to android and then go back to iphone ? I know that if I restore the backup on an iphone I'll get my chats from a few years back, does it merge the android ones into the old iphone ones ?

Back
Top Bottom