Assetto Corsa Competizione

Associate
^ Could always do something informally based on the current special events, when they start working properly!

I can kick this off with event 59.
1:56:118 @ Paul Riccard in the V12 Aston. Hoping I can dip in the 55's once the leader boards are working. Car has its charms once you get over the shock of the chronic understeer. Mainly the sonorous engine as you blast past the pits :D

Soldato
To make it work it has to run on lap times, which is unfortunate because of the whole busy separate life's thing. If there's enough dedicated souls though id drop on a ocuk mini league, I just love flatout racing in ACC.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Yeah I'd do racing over laptimes ideally.
Me being involved guarantees others will not come last too which is a bonus.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Gotta be a few more people on here playing. A 24 car grid would be ideal but I have no idea how to set up a server or limit SA rating so guessing someone with some server knowledge would have to be involved to run that maybe?

Soldato
I'm 43 SA and I've had the game for months lol

Also I did a couple of online races yesterday and every time the race started I got slung straight into the pits for 30 seconds no idea what that was all about

mind you having said all that i dont really race online anyway

Last edited:

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Your SA rating will suffer if you play short races and those races feature crashes or offs.

The best thing I can suggest to increase SA, gain track knowledge and learn racing line is to do at least one 30 minute quick race on every track in the game with 24 other cars on the grid.

Start mid pack and get used to rolling starts (they're slightly different online so may be worth looking for an online tutorial to know what to expect)

Experiment with the AI difficulty for this. I worked off making them fast but not too fast. Between 80-90 should work but dial it back if you're struggling to keep up. Turn aggressiveness down to around 60 so you don't get into any bother.

The point of this isn't to go fast. It's just to practice and will help with a few things so stay in line and maintain your position.

You will gain a few things from this. SA will increase every lap you do. If you aren't pushing then you shouldn't be risking collisions so clean laps are very doable. If the AI is tough to keep up with then dial them back.

Drive round for a 30 minute stint on every track to learn the tracks, get used to driving close to other cars and using your radar. (Crew chief will massively help you with this too)

Once you have done 4 clean laps in a row you will gain all 3 track stars.

This may sound boring but will give you 30 minutes of experience on each track, show you a reasonable racing line and get you used to driving in a train. I'd suggest doing that before going online as it will boost your SA to the point where you can access safer servers.

It's a good way to practice and build SA/track knowledge but it won't prepare you for being sideswiped by a spinning car on Monza T1.

It's definitely a cheap way to build your SA but once you have done this type of practice race on every track your SA should be at least 70. The key is being within 1 second gap to the next car in front or behind. Driving around an empty track to practice doesn't increase your SA so you really need the other cars about to help build it. It's about racing close and safe. Hope that helps.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
No worries. I'm by no means an expert. The prerequisites for servers that need a 3 star track rating and 70+ SA generally guarantee at least some level of decency. Most of the time they also result in drivers just being out and out much faster than you. But I find that tactic of practice good for building up confidence and getting your ratings where they need to be so that you aren't restricted by server requirements.

If you race around 92 then try mid 80s for your practice races. Don't go for any overtakes from mid pack and just try to stay close to the other cars. It's boring but will at least grind your SA rating to a good level.

My aim currently is boosting my SA up to a level where I can try some of the competition servers but need to find a lot of time on too many tracks still so don't mind grinding against slightly tougher AI using the same method I described above. The goal to do the same up against tougher AI is where I feel I will gain some more seconds per lap in multiplayer. Just aiming for consistency now as most races I enter tend to be 20minute free for all's. Which inevitably end up in a T1 wreck. At least if I can lap consistently it will do me some favours.

Soldato
AI or Multi? Personally I've gained a ton more doing it online. Any server id recommend driving slow in traffic, let the idiots that'll drive in to the back of you have plenty of room, they'll normally wipe out the guys in front of you in the first few corners. You'll quickly find yourself with 2-3 cars that you can stick with and gain points. You can gain points just by avoiding the carnage, and save points by watching the aggressive drivers in front of you and letting them flow past you if you bugger up and they get close.

If not all bad online there's many fair racers that won't go for gaps that just aren't there ( I wish there were a friends/trusted list in game to identify all the people I've met that'd have given me that). Low SA requirements or 70/80 high you'll find the same problems though, the only difference between the two is the less experienced guys won't be doing it on purpose, there's many on high servers that feel entitled to knock out slower guys going for it in tight corners.

I maintain my SA over 90, it drops a few I drop on Spa in an easy car to glide around the track.

Soldato
The 720 comes easy as you can judge it's position on track a little easier thanks to the ultra low ride height, you can really take advantage in some short corners by punching the accelerator in that car unnerving the guy in front. In VR you can literally drop it an inch off his tail pipe:D

Pity I didn't save the replay, I had a race this afternoon doing exactly that around the nuerburgring. Claimed 4 victims that couldn't hack it, the 5th held his nerve for 5 laps, it was a master class in **** housing. We crossed the line 0.01 apart:)

Soldato
I'm 43 SA and I've had the game for months lol

Also I did a couple of online races yesterday and every time the race started I got slung straight into the pits for 30 seconds no idea what that was all about

mind you having said all that i dont really race online anyway

you need to click drive before the race starts. That baffled me for a while too

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
All the above is helpful thank you I find the 720S nice for me to drive .

Thats the next on my list to learn.
Ive spent time learning random cars on the special events but mainly stick to one car for a month to learn it then move on.

Done the bentley, GTR, AM and NSX recently, doing the lambo currently. I find it easier to stick to one car for a bit and then move on once you have a good feel for each track with it.

May try the 720 next.

Personally I've gained a ton more doing it online. Any server id recommend driving slow in traffic, let the idiots that'll drive in to the back of you have plenty of room, they'll normally wipe out the guys in front of you in the first few corners. You'll quickly find yourself with 2-3 cars that you can stick with and gain points. You can gain points just by avoiding the carnage, and save points by watching the aggressive drivers in front of you and letting them flow past you if you bugger up and they get close.

That's what I tend to do after I've got some practice laps in against AI. SA definitely feels like it builds faster online but perhaps that is due to the bonus at the completion of races?

Last edited:
Soldato
Thats the next on my list to learn.
Ive spent time learning random cars on the special events but mainly stick to one car for a month to learn it then move on.

Done the bentley, GTR, AM and NSX recently, doing the lambo currently. I find it easier to stick to one car for a bit and then move on once you have a good feel for each track with it.

May try the 720 next.

The 720 doesnt have the best brakes i've found , or maybe it's just me .

OK so I got me SA up to 50 from 44 after one race and a mishap ..oh well onwards and upwards

Last edited:
Associate
Your SA rating will suffer if you play short races and those races feature crashes or offs.

The best thing I can suggest to increase SA, gain track knowledge and learn racing line is to do at least one 30 minute quick race on every track in the game with 24 other cars on the grid.

Start mid pack and get used to rolling starts (they're slightly different online so may be worth looking for an online tutorial to know what to expect)

Experiment with the AI difficulty for this. I worked off making them fast but not too fast. Between 80-90 should work but dial it back if you're struggling to keep up. Turn aggressiveness down to around 60 so you don't get into any bother.

The point of this isn't to go fast. It's just to practice and will help with a few things so stay in line and maintain your position.

You will gain a few things from this. SA will increase every lap you do. If you aren't pushing then you shouldn't be risking collisions so clean laps are very doable. If the AI is tough to keep up with then dial them back.

Drive round for a 30 minute stint on every track to learn the tracks, get used to driving close to other cars and using your radar. (Crew chief will massively help you with this too)

Once you have done 4 clean laps in a row you will gain all 3 track stars.

This may sound boring but will give you 30 minutes of experience on each track, show you a reasonable racing line and get you used to driving in a train. I'd suggest doing that before going online as it will boost your SA to the point where you can access safer servers.

It's a good way to practice and build SA/track knowledge but it won't prepare you for being sideswiped by a spinning car on Monza T1.

It's definitely a cheap way to build your SA but once you have done this type of practice race on every track your SA should be at least 70. The key is being within 1 second gap to the next car in front or behind. Driving around an empty track to practice doesn't increase your SA so you really need the other cars about to help build it. It's about racing close and safe. Hope that helps.

This sounds great, thanks for the advice. I've just started with the game and have had loads of fun just driving around the track to get the 3 stars, so I definitely won't find it boring doing some actual racing even if I don't push and try to get in clean laps around other cars.

Soldato
I had my SA rating up to 95 and then it's tumbled to ~88 after a few races at Monza and some other races with morons. Silverstone was an easy track to build up my SA as there aren't many big stops for idiots to rear-end me.

Someone was calling me an idiot today after they spun at the first chicane at Zolder then recovered back across the track, onto the racing line and into the side of my car. Somehow it was my fault...

The Bentley is my favourite car so far, I can't get along with the rear engined cars at all.

Back
Top Bottom