Command, Shift & 4 no longer working

Associate
I've got a 27 inch iMac (2017) running 10.15.4 and I've just noticed the crosshair capture function, shift, cmd & 4 (which I use daily) is not working, the crosshair appears and I can move it around but upon release nothing happens. It used to save to desktop but it isn't, not saving to clipboard or anywhere else I can see.

I've checked the Keyboard Shortcuts preferences settings, restored defaults, rebooted.

My MBP is running same version of OSX and that is working fine, so I can get around it but a pain in the backside.

Am I missing something really obvious? Thx :D

Associate
OP
Yes, very bizarre. I use it loads and it's a royal pain in the backside. I could use the MBP and iCloud desktop, but a hassle due to the way I work.

Is there another app or program that will do the same thing I wonder?

Associate
Perhaps it's set to save the screenshots somewhere else.

If you use CMD + Shift + 5, you should get a little overlay menu as well. Click Options > See where Save To is set.

Ironically, I can't take a screenshot of that menu to show it :)

Associate
OP
Perhaps it's set to save the screenshots somewhere else.

If you use CMD + Shift + 5, you should get a little overlay menu as well. Click Options > See where Save To is set.

Ironically, I can't take a screenshot of that menu to show it :)

Thanks for that, much appreciated, CMD + Shift + 5 is working fine and enables me to do exactly what I want so perfect, happy again :)

If CMD + Shift + 4 has starting saving elsewhere it is certainly nowhere obvious!

Back
Top Bottom