*** The New Cases Gallery ***

Associate
Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL. All 4 HD slots occupied so was forced to 'adapt' two of the SSD plates to fit the extra 2 into the bottom of the case. So in total Six HDs, Two 2-1/2" SSDs, and Two NVMe drives. Six fans on the 360mm rad (push/pull), Three more in the top of the case, and One at the rear. Have to say this case is an absolute pig to move around fully loaded, nothing to get a hold of, no wheels, rubber feet so it won't slide on any surface. Also, the HDs in the hot-swap drive bays don't get a lot of ventillation. Apart from that it's OK :)

Associate
QuycWoO.jpg
script%3E
QoKbqN0

I wasn't happy with the temps in my other case so I purchased the Corsair 465x rgb and the temps on idle @29c and under stress test around 62c which is about 10c lower than previous build, lucky I was able to return the other case and this only cost £20 extra.

I have the bios controlling the fan curves.

I would love to have water cooling but the thought of a leak ever scares the hell out of me...

The build

Corsair 465x case
Ryzen 5 3600
16gb ddr4 Corsair rgb
1tb m.2
2070 Msi gaming trio x
Corsair 750w rmx
Artic freezer 34 sport
Msi meg x570 ace
Dell S3220DGF 31.5 Inch

Overall very happy with the case even though the space at the back for cabling is not deep enough so it was a bit of a struggle.

Last edited:
Soldato
Looks great. Love those cables; really suits the "rainbow puke" theme (not being sarcastic here; I think it works well in white cases).

I gave water cooling a go last week. Found it an incredibly stressful experience. One of the EK fittings I bought of OCUK leaked and spewed water all over my motherboard, breaking it. Got a replacement motherboard and ordered some extra fittings. Then the other EK fitting (fortunately the one I was using for the drain, which was outside of my case at the time) wouldn't grip the tube properly. So that's me put off EK for life; the rest of the fittings were Barrow, and worked fine. Finally got it all working, booted my PC up and... no video output.

I'd hit breaking point by then. So I disassembled the whole thing and went back to air cooling, praying I hadn't broken my 5700 XT. Want the punch line? The GPU was fine. The monitor was set to the wrong input. So chances are the loop was working :p

I might try again one day, with a more suitable case and better parts. But for now I think I might just focus on buying quieter air cooled or CLC parts...

Associate
Looks great. Love those cables; really suits the "rainbow puke" theme (not being sarcastic here; I think it works well in white cases).

I gave water cooling a go last week. Found it an incredibly stressful experience. One of the EK fittings I bought of OCUK leaked and spewed water all over my motherboard, breaking it. Got a replacement motherboard and ordered some extra fittings. Then the other EK fitting (fortunately the one I was using for the drain, which was outside of my case at the time) wouldn't grip the tube properly. So that's me put off EK for life; the rest of the fittings were Barrow, and worked fine. Finally got it all working, booted my PC up and... no video output.

I'd hit breaking point by then. So I disassembled the whole thing and went back to air cooling, praying I hadn't broken my 5700 XT. Want the punch line? The GPU was fine. The monitor was set to the wrong input. So chances are the loop was working :p

I might try again one day, with a more suitable case and better parts. But for now I think I might just focus on buying quieter air cooled or CLC parts...

That is my fear, a leak of some sort. Never been any good at plumbing :p

My temps seem fairly good with this Artic freezer so will stick with that for now.

Soldato
Not mine. But I saw this over at SFFn and felt like it was worth sharing:

IMG-2803.jpg

IMG-2810.jpg

A full custom loop in a Dan A4 SFX, with one 240mm radiator and one 120mm radiator (link). Amazing what some people can pull off. I wouldn't say it's much of a looker, but it's really pushing the boundaries of what's possible.

Soldato
Honestly, I don't know. I've never monitored any temperatures. I run a crappy tower cooler with a noctua on it.
The RX480, I use radeon chill to shut the cooler up, bit never looked at how hot it is.

You could mount a couple of intake fans on the bottom of the case. And there's the exhaust on top.
It can't go too wrong I guess, as it just doesn't support the longer GPUs.

Associate
Heres mine,

I am still wating for my fan extension cables but i nearly got the system the way i want it, I am still deciding to take the prism wraith fan top off the heatsink and place it inside the case for a light show but it might be abit much. the system is black and white with a littile red as the motherobard and gfx card have red leds and i thoguht i would put a dead pool in there, lol

shame about the orange leds on the gigabyte x570 master you can not change colour on the board.

3900x
32gb ram from team group
noctua HS
Noctua fans
H510i case.
2x Samsung SSD
1x NVMe corsair mp510 drive
veag 56 sapphire pulse.

first build since 10 years ago wheen i built my i5 750 lunnfiled 2.67ghz + Radeon HD 5770 1gb ram, which i still got. a littile upgrade i think. lol

heres a image of the system

attachment.php

Soldato
Heres mine,

I am still wating for my fan extension cables but i nearly got the system the way i want it, I am still deciding to take the prism wraith fan top off the heatsink and place it inside the case for a light show but it might be abit much. the system is black and white with a littile red as the motherobard and gfx card have red leds and i thoguht i would put a dead pool in there, lol

shame about the orange leds on the gigabyte x570 master you can not change colour on the board.

3900x
32gb ram from team group
noctua HS
Noctua fans
H510i case.
2x Samsung SSD
1x NVMe corsair mp510 drive
veag 56 sapphire pulse.

first build since 10 years ago wheen i built my i5 750 lunnfiled 2.67ghz + Radeon HD 5770 1gb ram, which i still got. a littile upgrade i think. lol

heres a image of the system

attachment.php

Nice setup mate, one q though..do you have no intake fans on this setup?

Associate
Nice setup mate, one q though..do you have no intake fans on this setup?

thanks

front fans nope, I read a lot of reviews for the 510i case and the intakes do sod all, lol but to be honest my temps are fine

top fan is a 140mm and rear is a 120mm and the cpu fan is 140mm i think

chipset 50c to 55c no fan running as it needs to get to 60c for that to kick in and has not yet.
cpu idle 40c to 50c depends on whats happening on the desktop and at full stress load its about 80c
systems about 38c i think not to sure on that

i was thinking of putting some dummy fans in as it looks a bit bare there but i will have a think.

Soldato
thanks

front fans nope, I read a lot of reviews for the 510i case and the intakes do sod all, lol but to be honest my temps are fine

top fan is a 140mm and rear is a 120mm and the cpu fan is 140mm i think

chipset 50c to 55c no fan running as it needs to get to 60c for that to kick in and has not yet.
cpu idle 40c to 50c depends on whats happening on the desktop and at full stress load its about 80c
systems about 38c i think not to sure on that

i was thinking of putting some dummy fans in as it looks a bit bare there but i will have a think.

If your temps are fine then no problem, I was just curious about the fans is all :)

Soldato
My new build sitting pretty in a Thermaltake Versa H17:

Z90IUCV.jpg

(excuse to skewiff top filter)

mdY3iC9.jpg

Ryzen 5 3600
MSI B450M-A PRO MAX
16GB Corsair Vengeance 3200
MSI Radeon 5700 Gaming X
Seasonic Core GM-650
2 x Be Quiet ML039 in the front

Soldato
Decided to try Ryzen and go Mini DTX

Hi,

Can I ask how you mounted the DRP4, was whilst it was in the case or outside the case straight to the motherboard? I cant see it being the latter or you wouldnt be able to mount the mother board but thought I would ask

I have the same cooler and looking into the same case

Also is that a Silent Wings 120 for rear exhaust and the GPU 2 slot or 2.5 slot?

How do you find dust from the base seeing as though there is no filter?

Sorry for the questions!

Back
Top Bottom