Do you have any 'bad' habits?

Soldato
I look at people seriously when I have a guff coming and unleash it while maintaining the very serious look. Nobody seems to think this is acceptable.

I'd love to do it in work at a meeting (when we used to have f2f meetings) but never had the bottle.

Associate
I think I only really have one; I pick my beard a lot. Always in the same place so if I'm not careful it gets a bit thin in that area. I actively try to not do it but it's such a strong habit to break...

Soldato
Have long conversations with inanimate objects
Print out random prose on paper
Look up when thinking with a thousand mile stare - freaks people out if they happen to be in my line of sight!
Find the most annoying ringtones and install them on my OH's phone

Soldato
My ex says I eat like a kid and. End up with face covered in brown sauce or whatever .ironic as one thing i hate is bad manners while i am eating ie people who think its acceptable to burp and fart while your eating or slurp ,i did the camino last year and the south Koreans (and the Canadians) were the most friendly bunch ever but man did they slurp their noodles

Soldato
I eat nearly all of a fruit; like when I eat an apple or pear I eat the core, oranges/bananas/kiwi's I eat the peel (just not the stalk/end on a banana), watermelon's I eat the skin, etc. This tends to freak people out when I just chomp on an unpeeled banana.

When I'm talking to someone and explaining something, if they look like they haven't understood me or they've said something like "yeah I understand" but I think they haven't, then I'll repeat exactly what I've just said in a different way to try to get what I'm saying across to them (sometimes 3 or 4 times). This started happening about a 12~ years ago when I started managing staff, as I found they often just nodded and didn't get it, or looked like a deer in the headlights. This drives my current staff crazy, but I still do it :)

I guess a weird thing that I still do (but people don't know I'm doing it) is when I'm in the passenger seat on a car/train and I'm looking out the window, I'll imagine a computer game character outside jumping over cars, swinging around lamp posts, and bouncing on peoples heads - used to do it loads when I was young, kinda just kept doing it :p mostly when I'm bored on a long trip.

Man of Honour
Oh, ‘not having a phone number in your email signature’ is most certainly a bad habit for the purposes of anyone that actually likes to get things done. For persons that don’t
I find that trying to rationalise worry works well for me. I worry my kids will get hit by a car as they cycle to school, for instance, but I know that it's unlikely and they take care and are aware of what's going on, and then even if they did get into a bump, it's probably going to be a scrape rather than something much more serious. Putting worry into a box is a healthy thing to do but it's worth keeping an eye on the box because it can contain some surprises you didn't expect.

Worrying about things is also an energy drainer. It's mentally tiring worrying about things that don't really need to be worried about: the risk is so remote or the outcome is so immaterial for it to not be worth your time. Have perspective.
Indeed - cheers for the response!

Soldato
I Overeat. Poeple always go one about how people overeat because of loneliness, boredom, stress or depression. I eat because i ******* love the taste of food.

Back
Top Bottom