Iiyama GB3461WQSU-B1 - Flat 34" 1440 144HZ 1MS IPS Freesync for <£400

Soldato
Anyone who had any issues with their monitor how long did it take over clickers customer service to get back to you? I know it was the bank holiday weekend but I've not had anything in 48 hours and I've left a comment in the customer service section this morning but no reply.

Just want to get the ball rolling or acknowledged at least.

I sent a webnote on Saturday and they responded within a few hours and arranged for DPD to collect it yesterday.

Caporegime
OP
Thoroughly enjoying this monitor!

Getting used to the size and still no problems.

Have dropped my brightness to 13 now too, wish I could find out what the brightness setting for 120 nits is.

Associate
OK so a new development with mine. I have for the last 10 minutes so been getting a random popping noise coming from what I assume is the speakers and a corresponding flash of pixels across the screen. When I mute the speakers the noise stops but every few minutes a flash goes across the screen which is really weird. Looks like I might have to RMA it which I really dont want to do as I really like the aspect ratio now and its a great screen :(

Just took a 1m 55s video there with the sound on and it happened 4 times.

Caporegime
OP
Unlucky Double07 :(

It really isn't sounding good this!

Also, I just noticed that there is a faint mark on the far right side of my panel...... as if someone had scuffed it, not noticeable unless looking at it from the right side under certain angles and lighting and it just so happens that the right side of my box had a bit of damage too, definitely seems like something happened with this batch of monitors and the right hand side of the box!

Associate
Unlucky Double07 :(

It really isn't sounding good this!

Also, I just noticed that there is a faint mark on the far right side of my panel...... as if someone had scuffed it, not noticeable unless looking at it from the right side under certain angles and lighting and it just so happens that the right side of my box had a bit of damage too, definitely seems like something happened with this batch of monitors and the right hand side of the box!

I switched the monitor off and on and it fixed itself, and this does seem to be a fix for all the problems I have encountered so far. As I said I am loathe to send it back as I really like it and I am willing to put up with minor niggles if on/off fixes it given it has a 3 year warranty but that popping noise was not great! Going to plug it into its own socket directly rather than into a multi-adapter and see if it happens again, might have been a power issue.

Soldato
My kid has been using this for a week now without any issues at all. No bleed, no dead pixels, no standby issues. The image quality is awesome. It's been an absolute steel for the price.

Soldato
I've been doing some comparisons with my PG348Q and VG249Q. Have to say the colours are very warm. Not sure this is really a bad thing but certainly the image looks a bit different.

Associate
I've been doing some comparisons with my PG348Q and VG249Q. Have to say the colours are very warm. Not sure this is really a bad thing but certainly the image looks a bit different.
If it is just that, try set colors manually, e.g.
r 93, g 92, b 99 or
r 91, g 92, b 100

That are settings done by me before I calibrated my monitor and one of them found online. A quick win is probably setting it to "warm" (funny) instead of normal in the settings (all in the monitor osd).

I am most likely ordering my 2nd one due to my standby issues. But actually I think it is my GTX 1070, don't know if it is really something they will fix in the warranty or if I just sell it. It worked well with my previous iiyama screen, but there I had only 60hz and used hdmi with my computer.

Associate
My (GTX 1080) issues have gone away (touch wood..) since I did the DP 1.4 update mentioned earlier in the thread. It has slept at least a few times a day over the last couple and otherwise been in use for 11+ hours a day (joy of working from home...).

Associate
My (GTX 1080) issues have gone away (touch wood..) since I did the DP 1.4 update mentioned earlier in the thread. It has slept at least a few times a day over the last couple and otherwise been in use for 11+ hours a day (joy of working from home...).

That's great news !

Associate

Lucky you :) I already did the upgrade, checked several "sleep" settings, re-installed the driver, deinstalled NVidia HD Audio and so on.... I ordered a 2nd screen and hope that it works. Due to the current situation, getting new graphic cards (even though I can sell the old one), is not the best idea. And I am just 20 days out of warranty (just to get it checked) :/

Caporegime
OP
Right, I have had a few flickers there as well as the sleep issue and then the right side of the monitor getting corrupted/stuck..... :/

Hopefully just a one of, will keep an eye on it.

Associate
I heard back from iiyama tech support on the wake from standby issues.

Good news: they're aware it's a widespread problem, seem to think it might be fixable via software. Bad news: what they suggested didn't work for me, I'll post about it anyway maybe it helps one of you.

What they suggested: open the registry editor and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers\. Delete the contents of the \Configuration\ and \Connectivity\ sub-directories. Restart PC, restart monitor. (I also suggest using DDU in safe mode to uninstall your GPU driver prior to this, then a clean reinstall)

Still, so far I've had mine for a fortnight and despite the occasional standby hiccup I'm very happy with the monitor. Performance and value combined are pretty much the best in the 34" ultrawide space right now.

Associate

Good news: they're aware it's a widespread problem, seem to think it might be fixable via software. Bad news: what they suggested didn't work for me, I'll post about it anyway maybe it helps one of you.

What they suggested: open the registry editor and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers\. Delete the contents of the \Configuration\ and \Connectivity\ sub-directories. Restart PC, restart monitor. (I also suggest using DDU in safe mode to uninstall your GPU driver prior to this, then a clean reinstall)

Still, so far I've had mine for a fortnight and despite the occasional standby hiccup I'm very happy with the monitor. Performance and value combined are pretty much the best in the 34" ultrawide space right now.

Good to hear they are accepting that it's a major issue so hopefully theyll be able to address is in some manner. Tried what you posted and well see how it goes, will update should I experience any more instances of the issues Ive already posted about.

Associate
Aye, cautiously optimistic... I do have a ticket logged with Iiyama technical support with my symptoms etc. which I am waiting to hear back on so will see what they say too.

Right, I have had a few flickers there as well as the sleep issue and then the right side of the monitor getting corrupted/stuck..... :/

Hopefully just a one of, will keep an eye on it.

What GPU do you guys have? Here it is GTX 1070 MSI

The answer you got is the answer from their kind of "service desk" (I know because of the issue below). I will test a second one, but I am not so sure that it will fix my problems or that they actually will fix something... it may be related to only specific hardware (e.g. to the issue here the GTX 1080 and 2*** are not affected).

Somewhat related:
I had a screen from them before and it was basically "dying" when it was connected via DP to USB-C dock + standby/sleep (literally I had to cut the power to get it back on) + sometimes some glitches with HDMI/Nvidia but that happpened very very rare. I got a replacement, same problem with the USB-C dock at least.

Funny enough, now usualy using a TB3 dock (with DP - worked before), the new screen shows a jammed screen when I unfold the laptop (so laptop + external screen switch). I have to restart the laptop to get it fixed. Connecting the screen per usb-c dock via DP then to the TB3 dock fixes the issue. I may have told it before, here it is Intel HD 620 incl. old laptop bios, old tb3 firemware, ... so too many variables.

Back
Top Bottom