XCOM like fantasy game?

Associate
So, I'm interested in a game similar to XCOM, with classes, a party, and turn based combat, and without other stuff like the exploration and character stuff of Fallout or Divinity. Roleplay is fun and everything, but sometimes I want to semi-mindlessly go through some combats.

Are there any games like this set in a fantasy of quasi-historical setting?

Associate
There are quite a few - try these 2 of the better ones:

Gears of War - Tactics (available on Steam)

or

Phoenix Point (available on Epic)

Caporegime
So, I'm interested in a game similar to XCOM, with classes, a party, and turn based combat, and without other stuff like the exploration and character stuff of Fallout or Divinity. Roleplay is fun and everything, but sometimes I want to semi-mindlessly go through some combats.

Are there any games like this set in a fantasy of quasi-historical setting?
there's a lot of final fantasy tactics type games on steam
the graphics aren't exactly amazing but the few I did look at had favourable reviews on steam from users

https://store.steampowered.com/app/699170/Fell_Seal_Arbiters_Mark/
92% positive reviews

this one looks better graphically but only 72% positive

Soldato
I know what you're after because I wanted something like that too, but it doesn't exist in quite that form.

The Banner Saga comes closest to it, though there's plenty of story & character development there also. The multiplayer version might've been what you're looking for (Banner Saga Factions) but I'm pretty sure that's inactive atm. Same for Ash of Gods: Redemption.

Still, those two are your best bet. Either that or give up.

Darkest Dungeon is also something to check out, but it's quite a bit different in terms of presentation to what you're looking for. Check out Battle Brothers & Rising Lords also.

Soldato
Massive Chalice is fantasy based with turn based battles but its pretty simplistic and a few years old now. I'd wait for sale though, think I picked it up for a fiver and played through twice.
No base building but some interesting mechanics to marry your adventurers off so they can have kids who can take their place when they die.

Back
Top Bottom