Driving games and Racing wheel noob

Associate
I just started playing euro truck simulator with a keyboard, downloaded it randomly after seeing it on sale on stream, expected it to be boring as hell and can not believe how addictive this is. I haven't got this addictive feeling for a game in a very very long time, I can tell this would be epic with a proper wheel. Iv'e never even played a driving game with an actual wheel either, I started watching some youtube videos and now iv'e got the bug big time.

After some googling most people i see recommend the following

Logitech Driving Force GT as the bes budget wheel combo to get, no clutch and no H stick

Then the Logitech G27

Then the Logitech G29

I am not sure what the best option for me is on a budget i am thinking just to play ETS2 the LDFGT would suffice but the G27/G29 would be good if i start getting into other driving games?

I'm running a i7-4790 non k with a RX580 4gb, i have a 32" 1080p screen. Can anybody recommend some good driving games that will run well and look great on this set up at 60fps that use the clutch and H shift?

Associate
Assetto Corsa and Automobilista - Both available on Steam and should be fine for your rig.

Had the G29 and H shifter for ages now and it will change the way you play. Driving games just become so more immersive and the feedback through the wheel allows you to adjust your style with ease.

Associate
I play Euro truck & use a G27 works really well!

Yes, I agree. I have the G25 and it works well. Me and my kids love playing ETS2 with the wheel and listening to the radio.

Assetto Corsa is a good starting place if you want to go on a circuit, and add some low level AI when you're ready. Try some cars that aren't too powerful for some close racing.

And then, Dirt Rally 2 - the base game can be found nice and cheap these days.

Associate
OP
I have seen Assetto Corsa mentioned a lot as a good place to start, i will defo be getting that on steam. i would like a rally game also so dirt rally looks right my my street too! are there any other good ones i should be trying out?

Back
Top Bottom