The Tesla Thread

Soldato
still on 2020.8.3 - Not set update on advanced. Is 8.3 still the latest standard release

Not by a long way, I'm on 2020.12.11, many are on some flavour of 2020.16, at least one is on 2020.20.

You will get newer stuff earlier on advanced, and you can force an update by pressing the word advanced a lot, next update comes through in about 30 minutes.

Soldato
great review

Not bad, two incorrect points though: you can open the frunk from the inside via the screen, and of course you can't open it after locking it with your phone. Nobody would do that anyway, everyone uses their phone as a Bluetooth key card or your physical key card. Also says a negative is no Android or Apple car whatsits, but that's because Spotify/Tune-in/Google Maps etc are built in which is far better. Only thing missing is messages really.

Also doesn't mention running (fuel) cost at all, nor the Tesla charging network, which is one of the biggest positives for EVs and Tesla respectively.

Soldato
Out of interest, does anyone have a deposit down on the Cybertruck? I want one but can't imagine being able to afford one by the time it comes here, but there are some ballers on here so just wondered.

Associate
Out of interest, does anyone have a deposit down on the Cybertruck? I want one but can't imagine being able to afford one by the time it comes here, but there are some ballers on here so just wondered.

Is it going to be road legal in the UK? Thought USA must have different laws for trucks.

I switched to Octopus Go then lockdown hit, so no charger... but I'm pretty happy with 3 pin charging. The energy costs, as a percentage of the ownership costs are not that significant really. I probably pay more on tyres than leccy.

Last edited:
Soldato
Interesting....

Not sure it's worth the loss of an 8 year battery warranty on a new car but interesting none the less. I'm sure it will get even more interesting in 8 years when people are less worried about that.

They soft modded a Long Range AWD Model 3 to increase the power and made it faster than a performance version with. Still some more potential as the performance comes with decent rubber and the LR looked to be on stock rims and tyres.

Soldato
Is it going to be road legal in the UK?
Don’t see why not, the preorder page is up. Ofcourse the market is smaller here, but actually I think they’ll sell a LOT to the footballers wives / Range Rover crowd.
Anyone got a deposit on the new Tesla Roadster? :D

Now we’re talking. Definitely some on here who could afford it but not sure many are all in on electric yet. Certainly for me it would be the first thing I did if I won the lottery.

Soldato
Don’t see why not, the preorder page is up.

As it sits, it's not even legal by US standards – and it's miles from EU compliance. If it ever arrives in production form, it will be quite different.

"If" is the operative word, though, given the problems it faces. Tesla's got to build a factory for it, for starters. Then there's the whole stainless steel issue. And its sheer size (it's 30cm longer than a Mulsanne). And the running gear. And...

We will see, one way or another. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom