Next door nightmare

Soldato
Hi all,

Posted on here a while back with a noisy neighbour problem. Basically a noisy single chav is renting next door and the child is ferral. The noise is constant, c bomb through the wall type family, everything shouted, doors slammed with my house shaking well onto the night, it's horrendous to live next to.
Via a private trace managed to track the landlady down and have been in contact with her she is not happy with this behavior and has said she will contact letting agents, but their Interest is the Tennant.

I've tried to sell, covid put and end to that.
Does anyone have any experience with the section 21 if it was issued to these tennants?

My mental health has taken a turn for the worse they have worn my whole family down we are moving in with parents to escape this for a while.

Just wondering if any similar stories or advice?
Cheers.

Soldato
Via a private trace managed to track the landlady down and have been in contact with her she is not happy with this behavior and has said she will contact letting agents, but their Interest is the Tennant.

Cheers.

NO letting agent puts the tennant before the landlord

Caporegime
I've been on the other end of this when living in an apartment building in Switzerland.

downstair neighbour insisted any noise was us...

constantly harrased because this fool wouldn't believe noise can travel down more than one floor..

MY gf even got the upstairs neighbour to tell him the noise one time was her and it was an accident...
the guy tried to make out oh he heard some other noise that was us...

tried to get us kicked out of the apartment for 3 years....

landlord came around, saw our apartment with the wooden floors having carpets where the children play and play mats in the youngest kids room (toddler) , those fat mates that are like 5 inches thick and your feet sink in to.

yet the downstairs neighbour would often have really loud rows with his partner... then take it out on us.

local gossip was the guy was a pedophile.

wouldn't surprise me with the interest he kept showing out 6 year old girl...

she would play on our balcony etc, often we would catch this guy stood downstairs in his garden talking to her, collecting daisies in his garden and telling her to come collect them etc..

proper creep.

totally off topic just wanted to vent

stupid 50 year old Brazilian guy obviously with hearing problems thinking an apartment block for families is an old peoples home.

literally outside our windows like 10metres away was a kindergarten as well as a second playground built by whoever owns the block.

dood clearly should just move somewhere thats not family oriented

Soldato
You have my sympathies I've been there myself. If the noise is constantly loud and all hours get in touch with the council noise abatement who will come out with instruments to measure etc and do have enforcement powers iif enough people kick up enough fuss the landlord will decide its not worth the hassle anymore but its a stressful and tedious time getting to that point.

Soldato
Get in touch with your local council, the environmental team or words to that effect.

They'll ask you to keep a log of unreasonable noise for a week or two, and if they deem this as unacceptable they'll come round and install noise recording equipment, for us this was a microphone attached to a little SD card recording device where you press a button to record and it records the last 5 minutes of noise.

You'll have this for a week or so, they'll collect it, check the noise and then they've got evidence to serve a proper Section 21 notice (I think its 21), which if they continue to break will lead to a fine of up to £5000 if my memory serves me correctly.

Getting someone evicted for noise is a long, long drawn out process. I had more success in finding out who the letting agent was, and getting onto them and constantly harassing them with emails detailing the noise and saying how it's affecting my life and getting them onside, which leads to them not renewing the tenancy so they'll only ever last a year at most.

Had it in the first year of my current rented flat, last year was great and now have had noisy neighbours since last September (Student area near London).

Associate
Sorry but disagree with all the advice you have had here.

You said you have tried to sell, so presume you may want too sell again at some point. If you complain to the council about her then you have to declare it when you sell the house to potential buyers.

I've been there where I went round the neighbours and kicked off. Regretted it instantly. Although made the issue I had better, it also made the relationship with the neighbours extremely awkward. The awkwardness and feeling of being uncomfortable living in the house was much worse then the actual issue was.

Personally Id wait a couple of months then put it back on the market. Better just to cut your losses and sell. If you want to stay in the house long term then stick it out as she is only renting.

Soldato
OP
Cheers for the advice.
I can't complain to the council as I'm led to believe this is an official complaint but I know where the landlady lives and have been in touch and also the estate agents who are aware of the issues.
It's very draining living next door to inconsiderate scum who have no morals or noise filters.
I really wish I could stick it out but the option to move away looks the best bet, it's that or I constantly get on at the landlady (who lives on the next road up from me) and estate agents.

Soldato
feel for you as ii have been in this situation in west Yorkshire ,home from a late shift at 3am and bass thumping through the wall ,it all depended on the slappers latest boyfriend she would move in
i Stormed round so many times with the red mist and it would calm for a while then kick off.
one policeman i knew advised paying someone to sort it ,tbh if i had friends in low places i would have gladly done that but in the end we sold and the great thing is i found out the people we sold to were very very nsy and she got the same back as she gave to us .

Last edited:
Caporegime
feel for you as ii have been in this situation in west Yorkshire ,home from a late shift at 3am and bass thumping through the wall ,it all depended on the slappers latest boyfriend she would move in
i Stormed round so many times with the red mist and it would calm for a while then kick off.
one policeman i knew advised paying someone to sort it ,tbh if i had friends in low places i would have gladly done that but in the end we sold and the great thing is i found out the people we sold to were very very nsy and she got the same back as she gave to us .
lol a few days ago I went for a walk at 3am, I went past a block of council flatts and someone was throwing a party by the sounds of it, loads of shouting really loud music.

I doubt anyone in the flatts could sleep.
I was just amazed it's possible to be so selfish

Soldato
lol a few days ago I went for a walk at 3am, I went past a block of council flatts and someone was throwing a party by the sounds of it, loads of shouting really loud music.

I doubt anyone in the flatts could sleep.
I was just amazed it's possible to be so selfish

Ok I’ll bite.

why were you going for a walk at 3am?

Associate
This is the exact reason I never bought/rented a flat, I live in an end terrace house, the neighbours are decent but f me their dogs barking to me makes my garden unusable! Solution? Move!

Which I will be as soon as possible

Last edited:
Caporegime
this makes annoyingly good sense.

why though, are you not asleep at 3am? Do you work shifts?
dood corona + furlough surprised more people arent sleeping weird hours

I just woke up btw :D

you guys really scared of being robbed? whats the age of most robbers in the street probably like 17-25? I would snap them like a twig

streets are totally empty at that time of night, any robbers are likely hanging around when the bars and clubs are closing and getting drunks on the way home.

they didnt open yet?

Caporegime
3am or 6am is a great time to be out! Get to see some proper states!! Haha
saw absolutely 0 people and 3 cars in total in the 30mins or so I was out.

I don't get why people are scared of the dark, let's face it daylight never stopped anyone these days from committing a crime and it's probably the best time.

if the police are looking you in the early hours when almost no one else is outside it's probably pretty easy to spot you from a heli because no one else is likely to be around for miles and miles

Associate
saw absolutely 0 people and 3 cars in total in the 30mins or so I was out.

I don't get why people are scared of the dark, let's face it daylight never stopped anyone these days from committing a crime and it's probably the best time.

if the police are looking you in the early hours when almost no one else is outside it's probably pretty easy to spot you from a heli because no one else is likely to be around for miles and miles

Sounds like a beautiful walk!

Associate
Sometimes that's the only way/fastest way.
We had a couple of skagheads buy the cottage next door to us after being left money by a relative.
For some unknown reason they took offence to our presence and started superglueing our front door lock every week or so when we were out. Police did nothing everytime we called them. We were renting so we moved. I heard they eventually trashed the cottage, burned their way through the cash, got evicted and moved to bristol.

Back
Top Bottom