Plane Spotters / Flight Radar Thread

Commissario
@Feek. Sir I am currently building my Flight Aware setup, and need to know what i need to configure to have it feed into your site.
Fantastic, the more the merrier, thank you!

When you've got it running, drop me a trust message and I'll send you the instructions - It's basically a short script and an entry in cron to start it off, you don't need to open any ports or do anything fancy.

Commissario
Did anyone pick up the U2 over the North Sea at 60,000ft yesterday while descending into RAF Fairford.
Aww crap. I probably did and I'd normally refer back to the timelapse on my receiver but it's stored in a temporary area and holds the previous twenty four hours. It's cleared on reboot and I've rebooted my receiver this morning while I've been doing some work on it.

Soldato
Seen one of the RAF’s new Poseidon MRA1s for the first time today, it passed over my house at fairly low altitude a couple of times, so I’m guessing it must have been doing touch and go’s on Liverpool John Lennon’s runway.

Soldato
I just happened to look out side and saw what I think was a Lockheed C-130 Hercules coming into Southampton airport. Loudly. Any idea what that is about?

Edit - a few of them are coming down. It hasn't been this busy in months!

Last edited:
Associate
Two what I assumes are Apache AH Mk 1 flying over the field and just off to the side of my house quite low today although the camera seems to make them appear a lot higher up then they actaully where Large pictures
49947943448_d42157390e_k.jpg

49948442321_39bfba9ae8_k.jpg

Back
Top Bottom