Should parents with ASD children have a separate/shorter supermarket queue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
No

Simply put - If you have a separate queue for ASD children, then where does it end.

Shorter queue for 80+ years old, PTSD suffers, MS suffers, People having cancer treatment etc etc - the list goes on.
It ends when the last family have joined the queue, I think people with unfashionable difficulties in their lives should be given a break, all the arrogant ones who don't know any better will find out sometime.

But then I think society could generally behave a lot better towards each other

Caporegime
It ends when the last family have joined the queue, I think people with unfashionable difficulties in their lives should be given a break, all the arrogant ones who don't know any better will find out sometime.

I am disabled but I have never expected shorter queues or thought I deserved them.

So many things that people could expect shorter queues for that it would get ridiculous.

Online shopping is the solution for many of these folk.

Soldato
I am disabled but I have never expected shorter queues or thought I deserved them.

So many things that people could expect shorter queues for that it would get ridiculous.

Online shopping is the solution for many of these folk.
You're just too proud, but tbh kids with any sort of behaviour problems are extremely difficult to cope with at the best of times, a single person being disabled may or may not have a comparable experience I don't know.

Man of Honour
I agree. But I think that should be in the form of us looking around and allowing someone more needful to step in front of us, rather than mandating preferential treatment. I'm not sure what the wording is nowadays but back in the 1970's the buses and tubes had signs by priority seats asking us to offer them to someone who needed it more. I prefer this approach and to encourage everyone to be kinder.

Soldato
I agree. But I think that should be in the form of us looking around and allowing someone more needful to step in front of us, rather than mandating preferential treatment. I'm not sure what the wording is nowadays but back in the 1970's the buses and tubes had signs by priority seats asking us to offer them to someone who needed it more. I prefer this approach and to encourage everyone to be kinder.
Indeed, and maybe actually offering to help

Soldato
I didn't say that at all and your attempt to put words into my mouth to fuel your outrage is sad.
Tbf that's exactly what you said, why don't you do online shopping then you wouldn't have the problem, the kids need to get out and experience real life, why can't people help and understand rather than judging through sheer ignorance.?

Soldato
Tbf that's exactly what you said, why don't you do online shopping then you wouldn't have the problem, the kids need to get out and experience real life, why can't people help and understand rather than judging through sheer ignorance.?

Your troll posts are boring, goodbye.

Soldato
No. It seems every other child has autism, and it's used by far too many parents and others to excuse bad behaviour. It's obviously being milked. There're definitely people deserving of special attention, but not from a blanket policy. Hell, the queues for the autistics would be longer than that for the normal people!

There was a post on here about someone claiming they deserved compensation because their family member was so distraught after being given a laptop with a German keyboard. Madness.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom