Should parents with ASD children have a separate/shorter supermarket queue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
No its not relevant, the point is that people should be more understanding and not crowd round when my daughter is having an ASD meltdown.

The point is you shouldn't be taking any child to a supermarket if it's avoidable.

If there's someone to look after your daughter while you go shopping they should do so.

Soldato
Should parents with ASD children have a separate/shorter supermarket queue? To minimize the chance of the child having a meltdown and being able to cope.

In theory yes, the reality is of course no one would be asked to prove this in any way so suddenly everyone's kids have ASD. So no.

Associate
My Daughter with ASD had a meltdown in Tesco today and people were just crowding round watching, it got to the point where I had to shout "shes autistic, not a ******* show", only for one man to shout back "in my day she would have got a good whacking". Some people just don't understand!!!!
Hello,

That’s awful. What a horrible experience for you and your poor little girl. Some people need to just mind there business and not say anything and not stand there staring.

I know how hard it is, it happens a lot with my daughter who is 7 and has ASD too.

Do you shop regularly at Tesco ? Might be worth speaking to the manager to see if there is anything they can do to make the experience easier for you.

Take care xx

Soldato
AI is certainly getting more realistic these days, these bots testing their algorithms on humans almost pass as real, their only mistake is their choice of forum for the discussion algorithm they want to test

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom