GTX 2070 Super (Gigabyte Gaminc OC 3X 8GB)

Associate
so, ive spend hours over the last few days looking for a suitable GPU watercooling block for my Gigabyte GTX 2070 Super Gaming OC 8GB, now the problem seems ive bought the variant thats got a custom PCB . (N207SGAMINGOC-8GD) i cannot find for the life of me anywhere that produces a block for his card, alpha cool were working on one, and barrow do one but when you type in the barrow part number almost everywhere you get conflicting Model lists and nothing that says in black and white it will fit my model number.

has anyone watercooled this card or know of anyone that could point me in the right direction,

Thanks in advance

Soldato
so, ive spend hours over the last few days looking for a suitable GPU watercooling block for my Gigabyte GTX 2070 Super Gaming OC 8GB, now the problem seems ive bought the variant thats got a custom PCB . (N207SGAMINGOC-8GD) i cannot find for the life of me anywhere that produces a block for his card, alpha cool were working on one, and barrow do one but when you type in the barrow part number almost everywhere you get conflicting Model lists and nothing that says in black and white it will fit my model number.

has anyone watercooled this card or know of anyone that could point me in the right direction,

Thanks in advance
My son's got the same problem I believe alpha cool are taking pre orders for the block now mate

Associate
OP
My son's got the same problem I believe alpha cool are taking pre orders for the block now mate
so alpha cools issue is the RBG header on the N207SGAMINGOC-8GD sits proud of the capacitor bank. their solution is to desolder it yourself removing the rgb header and fit one of the other blocks

Soldato
so alpha cools issue is the RBG header on the N207SGAMINGOC-8GD sits proud of the capacitor bank. their solution is to desolder it yourself removing the rgb header and fit one of the other blocks
No apparently they're supposed to be making a block to fit this I haven't looked into this but my son has but he's at work at mo so can't ask him will ask him later and then let you know

Soldato

Gigabyte have a single RGB header difference over the normal reference pcb on a lot of the RTX gaming lineup.

You could just purchase a reference block and have someone machine out a small rectangle a few mm deep out of the block in the required area for the RGB header to fit as everything else is identical to ref pcb. Be a very quick task for someone with the proper tools.

If you have the confidence to desolder the RGB header then it’s an option but you are then risking the card.

Or as above a custom block would be a better option.

Associate
hello joxeon thanks for the reply, i have looked at used ones but on the whole they seem to be stateside so i might well try and buy new from the usa if in stock. has anyone bought one from there ?. cheers

Last edited:
Soldato
hello all, i am considering purchasing a waterblock from aliexpress, i live in the uk. just wondered if anyone has bought from them and if it was a problem free purchase thanks for a reply.
Unfortunately we won't be able to discuss this as these forums are run by Overclockers UK who are a PC parts retailer... Discussing competing companies in the UK is verboten :)

Back
Top Bottom