** The Official Space Flight Thread - The Space Station and Beyond **

Caporegime
Except when that was happening, it was relatively routine compared to this, which is truly a milestone in the road to the actual future of human space exploration. We were on a downward trajectory then, we're back on the up now.:cool:

For me watching shuttles rockets go bat crazy seconds before launch always looked awesome. Kind of lost on a rocket. The landing of the rockets on say the Falcon Heavy was pretty awesome however.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
We enjoyed watching that. Had just finished cooking a juicy steak so was perfect timing watching the live stream on the TV :)

Love the suits, finally something that looks 21st century. Also the dragon looks awesome with those seats and touch screen controls. I wonder what redundancies those have?

Soldato
As a live witness to the Challenger disaster in '86, I have to say I was a little tense watching this launch. Especially after another SpaceX prototype explosion just yesterday. Was wonderful to see it go off without a hitch.

They put a lot of effort into redesigning the suits to something lighter, more comfortable, and more maneuverable. I think they looked great!
One article about them: https://www.businessinsider.com/elon-musk-design-spacex-spacesuits-worn-nasa-astronauts-2020-5

Seems every time I see one of the engine landings, the camera always fails right at the moment of landing. I wasn't able to see the Twitter post SDK linked about it. Must be electrical interference right at that time?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom