The anime thread sequel (it's still not as good as the Manga though),

Commissario
OP
I'm tempted by it, at that price especially given there is meant to be some form of discount for their online store (depending on the T&C of the discount), as I can quite easily see myself getting some/most of that back via the discount.

Commissario
OP
Anyone else getting excited at the https://www.cloudmatsuri.com/ announcements?

Eva on blu-ray (my 3rd, 4th or will it be 5th? time of buying Eva), Planetes on blu-ray. Bartender, B the beginning, Demon Slayer.

Anime-on-line.com have a 20% off everything code "MATSURI" for this weekend as well, which I'm taking advantage off as I've had some bits in my basket waiting for the weekend.

Soldato
I have been watching Baki on Netflix. It’s great fun! Ultra violent, brutal and silly. :D

surely the similarities between the characters and games characters isn’t a coincidence.

Last edited:
Soldato
I have been watching Baki on Netflix. It’s great fun! Ultra violent, brutal and silly. :D

surely the similarities between the characters and games characters isn’t a coincidence.

The new season is due to launch today apparently, been keeping an eye out for it.

https://www.whats-on-netflix.com/news/baki-season-3-coming-to-netflix-globally-june-2020/

Baki Season 3 Netflix Release Date
We previously believed that the next season of Baki would be airing in Japan before making its arrival on Netflix later this year, but thanks to the official Baki website we now have confirmation that Baki season 3 is arriving in June 2020!

It’s unclear if all episodes will be available to stream, but judging by the use of the wording in the announcement we’re expecting to see one new episode every week from Thursday, June 4th, 2020.

Currently watching Tower of God, the art style took a little getting used to for me but I'm really enjoying it so far.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato

If you haven't already, check out Kengan Ashura. Very similar and more polished imo. Couple of seasons out already.

-----------------------------------------------

Also Attack on Titan final season trailer out too. Looks awesome.

Soldato
Watched Dorohedoro now it's finally on Netflix, really enjoyed it first anime show i've watched in a while that binged the season in one sitting, hopefully it comes back for a second season.

Started Cagaster of an Insect cage and it's not doing much for me so far 5 episodes in.

Caporegime
Finished watching the entire series of JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken with my kids. They loved it, but my daughter burst into tears when Kakyoin died!

Beastars. Anthropomorphic animals grapple with personal problems while trying not to get mauled to death by a mysterious serial murderer. Contains explicit scenes of inter-species sex.

Golgo 13. An unstoppable assassin grinds his way through 50 episodes of wanton violence. It's not Shakespeare, but it's a solid contribution to the genre.

Bungo Stray Dogs. A large cast of super-powered gang members weak havoc in Yokohama. A little too heavy on the shōnen angst, and very confusing at times due to multiple (poorly explained) flashbacks, but still highly entertaining.

Caporegime
Shōjo Shūmatsu Ryokō. Two mysterious girls explore a decaying city in a post-apocalyptic wasteland under the cold skies of a nuclear winter. Equipped with little more than basic supplies and their unstoppable Kettenkrad, they hope to reach the upper levels of the city, not knowing what they might find there.

This is a brilliant, sobering, philosophical anime with more nudity than I was expecting.

Caporegime
Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. Generic 'lolis with swords' junk. Bland, repetitive, and quite astonishingly dull. Zero plot development, zero character development, and Mapuru herself (the star of the show) is about as interesting as vegetable glue.

Last edited:
Soldato
I just finished watching Tower of God, which was based on a web comic surprisingly.

I was a little unsure going into it, but I absolutely love the art style and music. The characters all stood out really well, each one interesting in their own way and with more growth/depth than I'd expect from a 12-13 episode season. The story isn't anything particularly new, but it does well for what it is and kept me interested until the end. I'm actually planning on reading the source material, I really hope it gets a second season down the line!

Bungo Stray Dogs. A large cast of super-powered gang members weak havoc in Yokohama. A little too heavy on the shōnen angst, and very confusing at times due to multiple (poorly explained) flashbacks, but still highly entertaining.

I'm actually half way through Bungo Stray Dogs and I'm enjoying it for the most part, a bit too much angst and the pacing could be better as you mentioned but overall a solid show.

Back
Top Bottom