• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3600 temps

Soldato
I have a 3600 running as stock settings under an arctic freezer 33 E sports one. I get gaming temps of up to 77C and burn test/prime can see it get to around 80C. This is in a case with very good airflow. I have replaced the TIM but it made zero difference.

This CPU seems much hotter than my old 1600/2600.

Does anyone else experience high temps with these CPUs?

Thanks
Scott

Soldato
Higher density of the 7nm process means more heat build up, your temps are fine for your class of cooler. GPU will be pushing up case temps when gaming, especially with the hot weather.

Ree

Ree

Associate
seems about right i used to get 70/69 max with a bequiet dark rock pro 4 and kryonaut paste. moved to aio and its dropped to 65 tops now.

Soldato
OP
im getting about 67 degrees on my 3600 and im using a wraith prism (not the stock cooler) and thermal grizzly kryonaut
That's bang on what I get on a 3600 with the prism, definetly a solid cooler for the price.

While gaming or torture testing?

My vega 56 pretty much feeds the cpu cooler with hot air as the back section of the card is open and you can feel the air flow through it.

Perhaps a top down cooler would do better I do have a wraith max in the loft. I also have an H55 that i might order an AM4 mount for.

Soldato
Whilst folding on my CPU (Rosetta@Home) with it loaded across all cores I am sat at 70 degrees on my 3600 using standard voltages/clockspeeds.

This is with a Raijintek Ereboss sat in a pretty small Silverstone PS-07 case.

Soldato
While gaming or torture testing?

My vega 56 pretty much feeds the cpu cooler with hot air as the back section of the card is open and you can feel the air flow through it.

Perhaps a top down cooler would do better I do have a wraith max in the loft. I also have an H55 that i might order an AM4 mount for.

I prob should have specified this was under heavy gaming. I do also have a very large case with a lot of airflow

Associate
I have 'overclocked undervolted? my 3600 as I did not like the auto feature getting up to 4.15ghz by using 1.46V briefly (too high I think even briefly - as I could hear the fans speed up and cpu temp rise - I had a custom fan profile to spped the fans up to 100% at 60ºC as the auto boost feature dosnt fully work above 65ºC). I now have an all core static overclock of 4.1 ghz using 1.30 v and am finding that it doesn't hit 59ºC and so I have my case and cpu fans at 50% (reasonably quiet). I use an artic duo 34 cpu cooler.

Soldato
I have a 3600 running as stock settings under an arctic freezer 33 E sports one. I get gaming temps of up to 77C and burn test/prime can see it get to around 80C. This is in a case with very good airflow. I have replaced the TIM but it made zero difference.

This CPU seems much hotter than my old 1600/2600.

Does anyone else experience high temps with these CPUs?

Thanks
Scott

I have followed a similar pattern as yourself... 1600/2600 to 3600. Seen temps raise a little since stepping up and now obviously the hotter weather and that doesn't help. However on average getting around 60'c to 70'c max on loads with a Dark Rock Slim cooler.

Back
Top Bottom