• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 5700 XT Owners Thread.

Soldato
Associate
my 5700xt is running hotter than usual lately due to the hot weather we have been having, its touching 100c on the junction temperature not only this but the fans are spinning like crazy making a right noise.

Will undervolting help with temperatures ? if so does anyone know how to undervolt?

Its the Powercolor 5700xt Red Dragon

Associate
Hi Bounce, my 5700XT fans dont go about 50% and the junction temps hit around 98-100c in this hot weather, which is acceptable.

To undervolt, just use the Radeon Software and select Manual Tuning then enable Fine Control. Here you can adjust clock speeds and associated voltage (its on a curve). Try dropping voltage to 1110mv, and work down/upwards from there to get stability. Also set a custom fan profile, i leave the first two speeds and change the last three to 40/45/50% for the given temps.

Associate
My Gigabyte 5700XT (none reference) idles stupidly hot. This cant be correct with the default fan curve surely?

PxwC1ei

PxwC1ei.png

Associate
What case is the GPU in? Unless its in some crazy micro ATX it shouldn't be idling that hot. Mine idles at 45c with no fans on.

Post of picture of the default fan profile please, i would also check the gpu cooler is attached properly and probably repaste it.

Associate
What case is the GPU in? Unless its in some crazy micro ATX it shouldn't be idling that hot. Mine idles at 45c with no fans on.

Post of picture of the default fan profile please, i would also check the gpu cooler is attached properly and probably repaste it.

It's in a SaharaGaming P35, mid tower, 3 intakes, 3 exhausts, shouldnt be an issue generally. Default fan profile below:

afz5ONr.png

Don't want to take cooler off in case it will affect warranty / returns with CCL.

I'll have to get in touch with them I guess

Associate
Change the last three fan speed to 40/45/50, will help a little.

Tried removing and reseating the card, DDU and resinstall drivers? If that doesn't help i would RMA it.

What card out of interest?

Associate
Hi Bounce, my 5700XT fans dont go about 50% and the junction temps hit around 98-100c in this hot weather, which is acceptable.

To undervolt, just use the Radeon Software and select Manual Tuning then enable Fine Control. Here you can adjust clock speeds and associated voltage (its on a curve). Try dropping voltage to 1110mv, and work down/upwards from there to get stability. Also set a custom fan profile, i leave the first two speeds and change the last three to 40/45/50% for the given temps.

Thanks nuts - the screen shot is missing any chance you could re-upload, I'll copy your settings.

Associate
Associate
Well i'm having nothing but trouble with my Sapphire nitro+ 5700xt. My computer keeps black screening and crashing when I'm in a game for less then 5 mins! If I use the new drivers the games crash even quicker. I think I'm going to get rid :(

Associate
My Gigabyte 5700XT (none reference) idles stupidly hot. This cant be correct with the default fan curve surely?

PxwC1ei

PxwC1ei.png
What is using VRAM if it is idling? Are you running a second screen?

When idle my Gigabyte 5700XT OC clocks at 200Mhz VRAM, 795Mhz GPU, 37 degrees on both current and junction temp with a fan speed of zero. But plugging in a second screen would ramp up the VRAM clock causing more heat. However, yours does look pretty poor.

Back
Top Bottom