What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Ended up watching Glass last night. I know a few people found it disappointing but I thought it was ok. Not a film I'd be raving about but also not one that I felt was a waste of 2 hours.

I probably should have watched Unbreakable again beforehand to refresh my memory but was still enjoyable.

Soldato
D-TOX (EYE SEE YOU) 2002

Started off promising for the first 30 mins then after than became boring,Stallone played it well though just the movie let him down i think..seemed very "Budget" i think they must have spent all the budget on Stallone and some of the other mention worthy actors,Robert Patrick,Kris Kristofferson.

Soldato
The 33 - 6/10 based on the Chile mining incident with the 33 miners trapped, obviously everyone knows the ending, what I didn't know is everyone in Chile speaks English with a Spanish accent

Soldato
Calm With Horses. Irish moody crime drama. Excellent although the Irish accents can be hard to pick up in the first few minutes and I say that as someone from there ! Wonderful scenery which drives home the desolation both in the area and in the characters. 9/10

UTT

UTT

Associate
What did you think of it? I thought the concept behind it was fantastic even though the actual execution in the film was not as good as it could be. Overall I loved it but most people don't tend to.

We enjoyed it to a degree. Agree the concept was good and kept you on your toes but at times it was just too confusing.

I think it might be one where you need to watch it a couple of times to square the circle in some parts! At 3 hours though not an easy sell to watch again in a week or so.

Soldato
Audition - 8/10

Shocked in myself I hadn't watched this already considering how well rated it is and on most "must watch" horror lists.

As in typical Japanese fashion, it's a slow build. It plays like a romance until a certain part where if you went in not knowing it's horror it would blind side you. I found myself sympathising with Asami, not to the extent of the torture she inflicts but she's an understandable villain.

The movie remind me a lot of Mulholland Drive, in regards where at certain points you're not sure what's real and what isn't.

Soldato
Yeah Curse is the one before Cult and Cult is the one in the mental hospital :) Ah really didn't know that.

Ok, on track now, Curse is the wheelchair bound girl in the house? Enjoyed them both.

Now look at Nica, look at a younger photo of Brad Dourif and imagine him in a wig, spitting image :D

Back
Top Bottom