Simple questions rads vs flow

Associate
Question:

In a stable system, of say idle temps of 20 over room temp. Which would yield a better decrease in temp : A bigger radiator with an extra fan, or a better pump with a increase flow rate.

i.e. if F(Flowrate) +R(Radsize) = D(delta over room)

would D be greater in :
(F+1) + R = D
or
F + (R+1) = D?

Associate
I'd have to go for rad size over pump efficiency unless going from extremely poor pump. The usual pumps - DDC and D5 would have negligible difference. Everything I have read suggests the water loop temp equalises after so much time.

Man of Honour
Hi and welcome to the forums. :)

Depending on what radiator it is some can run much better with fans in push and pull mode. I used to have a Coolgate CG360 which was pretty poor with fans running slowly but add 3 more fans so they ran in psuh/pull and the radiator came alive and was much improved below 1000rpm.

Man of Honour
Make sure it's push/pull not push/push although looking at pictures I don't think you have the headroom to do it.

How long have you had the case? Apparently the original version was flawed as it had a very restrictive front panel which they have now fixed with a updated version. I only discovered that by reading Kitguru's review on the white version.

Associate
OP
lol good point. Push Push wouldnt be the best ... I've had it about two years but its the white one with the mesh front so not the original. Its a two fan rad, and I think I might be able to get push pull on one side, possibly both if I can find a 90 degree rgb cable..

Here is a pic :
s!AnFEVhdCn8ThjPxdEkIuoYdp7o5pgw

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnFEVhdCn8ThjPxdEkIuoYdp7o5pgw
HTML:
<image src='https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnFEVhdCn8ThjPxdEkIuoYdp7o5pgw' />

Associate
Hard to tell from that image, but do you have a kink in the inlet hose to your pump? Also, how about moving your radiator from the top of the case to the front and having the fans in a pull configuration drawing in cooler ambient air through the radiator?

Associate
As pastymuncher mentioned that top rear fan should be an exhaust because at present it is pulling in the hot air expelled from the GPU. Your case is very similar to my H500M so I believe you do have room to fit your fans below the radiator in exhaust orientation as that is how I have mine fitted.

Back
Top Bottom