• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Do you ever replace your aio?

Associate
keep it at 4.6, keep the AIO, don't buy a kraken ever
Why not? I have the X62 on a 3900x and an X61 before it on an Intel Cpu with no issue.

I did get a EVGA CLC280 before it and the pump was extremely nosies out of the. Ok so sent it back and replaced it with the X62.

Soldato
For those who mention pump noise. How? Is you pc on your desk next to you? Is the side off? Had few AIOs since they came out and can't say have ever heard the pump. Is it because of the heft of the 750D and that is tucked under the desk?

Got an x61 at the moment and as soon as temps start to fluctuate I'll replace the Tim, if still the same I'll just bin it and buy another :)

Have set AIDA to auto shut the pc down if the temps get too naughty.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've been running a Corsair H60 since 2011 on my i5 2500k. It used to keep the CPU temp around mid-high 20's idle. Now it idles in the high 30's, even after a good clean. So its on its last legs but still doing its job.

Soldato
I ment it in terms of gaming performance from years past, look at the benchmarks from a 6700k to a 3900x the performance increase is pretty a ****** increase in terms of a 5 year cpu gap, outside of gaming its a different story I know

I understand progress has been slow but a modern cpu is still faster for gaming than an older cpu. So why are modern ones **** for gaming?

Soldato
For those who mention pump noise. How? Is you pc on your desk next to you? Is the side off? Had few AIOs since they came out and can't say have ever heard the pump. Is it because of the heft of the 750D and that is tucked under the desk?

Got an x61 at the moment and as soon as temps start to fluctuate I'll replace the Tim, if still the same I'll just bin it and buy another :)

Have set AIDA to auto shut the pc down if the temps get too naughty.

Same experience here. I've heard a lot of people say water pumps are noisy but in my own experience I've never been able to hear them lol.

That doesn't mean pumps can't be noisy though, just the ones used in AIO and customer loops are pretty quiet. But I can definitely hear the pumps used for fish tanks and cars.

Soldato
I've been running a Corsair H60 since 2011 on my i5 2500k. It used to keep the CPU temp around mid-high 20's idle. Now it idles in the high 30's, even after a good clean. So its on its last legs but still doing its job.

Exact same set up for me, but I haven’t noticed any change in idle temps despite having HWINFO running when gaming. Will monitor temps more closely, but I do have the H60’s pump and the fan plugged into a fan controller and run both at max as the PC’s in a hot room and I wear headphones when gaming.

Soldato
I replaced my last one only cause I wanted a new one that has a lcd screen on the pump

I've heard of people keeping them for 10 years, the only thing that would force you to upgrade is if the pump dies and quite a few AIOs now come with 5 year warranties
Just because you haven't heard of it or hasn't happened to you does not mean permeation does not occur. @humbug is perfectly correct, there are many factors as to how long or if it happens but over enough time then some people will have the effects of permeation.

Listen from 4 mins onwards...

Soldato
you've not shown any science either
Wrong, I have stated that rubber is frequently used in water containing environment - gaskets, seals and tubings. As well as waterproofing materials, joint sealant etc etc.

these applications would preclude the use of rubber if it permits water to magically “permeates” through it.

the burden of proof isn’t on me either. Someone made a fantastic claim yet without any solid science or reality. Only thing so far is an angry yankie talking about stuff he knows very little about. And you expect people to believe that is the truth?! Seriously, you might as well join the flat earth society while you are at it and be with your kins.

Caporegime
About half the fluid in my H100 was missing after 8 years continuous usage, which meant it no longer performed adequately.

No idea if water permeated the rubber, it evaporated, or if magical pixies drank it, but it definitely wasn't inside it anymore. :p

Soldato
Im on a h100igtx and I recently delidded my 6700k since it was getting rather toasty at stock, this made a huge difference and dropped average of 20c, since then I have oc my cpu to 4.6 at 1.32v and its been fine, however since the new cpus seem rather **** for gaming id rather hold onto my 6700k for another 2 years then upgrade, (my 6700k was stable at 4.9 but needed 1.44v and the temps were outrageous) however I got the chip at launch and my aio slightly before and its now 5 years old, should I have faith in the old girl to make it too 7 years? or drop cash and get a x63 say? With a 280 rad I should be able to get 4.9 and keep temps in check?

tldr : aio no warranty left
5 year old aio, have faith it will last for another 2 or replace?
4.6ghz vs 4.9 performance (6700k gaming)
yolo and buy kraken x63?

I too have had my 6700k from launch day, at 4.6Ghz (1.31v). I haven't delidded, max temps fully loaded are around 75C. This is on a slim 120mm Noctua cooler.

Sounds like something wrong with your AIO, should be running quite cool at 4.6 1.32v.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom